Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2008 LSV seat swivel

I finally finished my seat swivel for 2008 LSV. I'm trying to figure out the pictures so bare with me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Go Boat

Default Part 2

Part 2 pictures In these pictures the swivel bracket is not in line with the seat slider rails because I was afraid the seat would hit the side when turned. I've gone back and moved the swivel bracket so that it sits directly over the rails and the seat does not hit. This also allowed the seat to be centered with the steering wheel.
    Last edited by chillyx; 02-24-2009 at 01:23 PM.
    Go Boat

Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

Default seat swivel

So how does it work? I have an 05 Mobius lsv and would like to do the same thing , also raise the seat 2-3" also. Thanks, Jim .
    05 Mobius lsv , ballast system , stereo, etc..

Default Part 3

I couldn't figure out how to post a picture with text without doing one pic per post.

So I'm going to try to follow the picture sequence with these instructions.

1. Remove the seat from the bracket
    2. I cut a piece of the "kingboard" they gave me with the boat to hold up the tower. I cut it large enough to bolt onto the seat slider.
    3. I screwed the swivel to the kingboard. (directly over the slider rails but toward the back to change the center of rotation so the corners would not hit while swiveling)
    4. I cut another piece to place on top of the swivel in order to bolt the seat to. I bolted this piece to the swivel. I had to counter sink the bolts down into the board so the set would sit flush. There were places on the bottom of the seat I could have used to attach to the swivel but I want to scootch the seat over to make sure it didn't rub the side.
    5. I used a piece of the scrap to make a small elevator piece to level out the seat, so that when the seat was swiveled it wouldn't get pitched forward.

The last picture is of all the pieces sandwiched together. The only drawback is it raises the seat about 3.5 to 4 inches which actually works out for me because I always end up sitting on a cushion anyway.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by chillyx; 02-24-2009 at 01:48 PM. Reason: left a part out
    Go Boat

chillyx, well done and looks good
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Very cool! Is that the same style swivel I had? Loos like it - I need to finish that project!
    2013 Outback V

Very Nice. Were did you get the swivel bracket? Is it the same as Ian swivel?
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Chilly That was the exact same thing that I mentioned to Ian in his post so he could use both swivel and slider Very nice work

If the seat was centered would it rub the side?
    2007 Outback V

Default Seat swivel

Yes, it is the same swivel that Ian is using. I did cheat the seat over just about a half an inch but I think it would clear if it were centered. Its hard for me to tell because even from the factory it looks like they use a stock seat and cut the holes they need depending on the model. There were 6 pre threaded spots on the bottom of my seat that look like they were designed to be used with some kind of bracket. When they drilled the holes to use on my boat they are off center. I think if i had to do it over again rather than cheat the bracket over, I would center the bracket and drill new holes and cheat the seat over. All in all the seat swivels, its level so when I'm turned around its not leaning me forward. Time on the water will tell whether or not I'LL have to tweak it.

PS I got the swivel at Westmarine. I think it was 29.99
    Go Boat

Nice work chilly. Let us know how it works. I already hate being off center behind the steering wheel so the OCD in me may not do a swivel.