Thread: slalom for lsv?

Talking slalom for lsv?

I was curious if anyone knows a good line length to slalom behind a mobious lsv. I am still experimenting and cannot decide what is the best spot. thanks in advance.

You like us went from a Mastercraft to a Moomba. You won't have a small wake like your old MC which like ours was a dedicated slalom boat. We have the LS which is the DD hull version of your boat. It depends on a couple things, the speed you want to ski at and what type of activity? Course or just playing around? And you will need the Wakeplate all the way up and out of the water or you will catch some air like I have in the past! For us it usually full length or 15 off as that keeps us further back where the wake is flattening out some.

What year mobius? If you have the wakeplate you may need to adjust to it up or down--all the way up will make the wake bigger. Also may sound strange-but if you have the front ballast bag try filling it up a little. Trial and error.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Need to know your slalom ski level. Mostly, you should adjust the rope to a point where you are comfortable crossing the wake. Since you are asking, I assume that you are not running the course. Generally, the wake is smaller the closer to the boat you get. However, there is usually a depression which is worse than the wake if you get too close. Start with 60' of line and go with less to see if it gets better or worse.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

MrsZ Guest

Moombadaze is right. Zegm got confused for a minute. Wakeplate all the way out makes a bigger wake. I ski with the wakeplate down. We put it up (varying degrees) for kneeboarding, wakeboarding and surfing.

I knew that!!! You just didn't give me time to fix it!!!

MrsZ Guest

I am a single mom this week. So there may be extra internet communication....if he has a laptop.

ddthrasher, I forgot to say I agree with mp. Try 15' off to start with and experiment. You know the wake changes a lot with speed too. So, you may need to adjust that too.
    Last edited by MrsZ; 02-23-2009 at 07:05 PM.

thanks again for the advice. It is still pretty cool (water temp around 55) and i ripped my drysuit ankle seals. I have not been able to try out the longer line length. We have only had the boat out 3 times and I tried 28 off and then 22 at 34 mph. I found the trough that yall were discussing. ouch! The drysuit is out for repair and when we get it back we'll let yall know how it goes!

Since you are already at 34, you may want to speed up to 36. That may help you situation at longer than 22 off.

Hats off to you, it's still a little to cold for me right now in Pensacola. Plus, we have still had some sub-32 nights.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Sled491 Guest

Dd, glad to have you join us skiers. I agree about going to the 36. Do you even have a wakeplate? This will be key in skiing behind a V Drive. I kind of agree about the size of the wake thing. While getting closer to the boat will narrow the wake in my opinion the wake does seem to get a harder edge. This is something that you might just have to get used to, or maybe change your approach. Keep us posted