Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

ive got a barcode sticker on my 3/4 valve that says
    "for outdoor use only
    3/4 FPT auto inline Vlv NFC; blk

bar code numbers
    46878 57203"
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

You may also have the solenoid wired backwards. As far as I know it does matter.

Quote Originally Posted by tazz3069 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong. when power is supplied to the solenoid, it pulls the pin in? Right
    yes and when power is cut it kinda shots that little piece out--dont ask how long it took to find it
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Solenoid coils are rated 24 VAC but work fine with 12 VDC.

For some reason mine is not working. I removed the solenoid and tested it. When I hit the switch, the pin is pulled in. When I flip the switch off, the pin releases and comes back out.

Newty, That little white plunger does not move on mine. I wonder if I can remove it and grease it up somehow. How would I know if it is wired backwards? Should the solenoid push the white plunger down?

last night, I went back in the boat to figure this out. When the pump is on, nothing comes out of the valve. I put my finger in the output of the valve and pushed on the diaphram. The diaphram went up and out came the water. Could this particular valve not be the right one. Were did you get yours?
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Tazz, the white plunger looking part does not move on my valve's either, i think it works off vacum, when the soleniod is energized it pulls in and creats vacum to help open the valve. The black lever should be sticking "out" not up/on.

Im at work now and thinking off a fuzzy memory
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

Maybe my white plunger is clogged. I will check it out.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings

oh i got my 1" valve at home depot

I crawled up in the boat last night and all the original soleniods are 24 volt.

Anybody have a idea were i can get the factoy wire connector's?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

I had cut mine off the old solenoids before they went into the trash. I also tossed the valves in the trash. I should have waited. Hopefully we can figure out why mine is not working.

I'm at work right now so with out the valve in front of me I don't really know if I can help.
    Just a couple trouble shooting q's...
    Are you sure you have power to the solenoid? Double check! If you do take the solenoid off and cycle it to see if the plunger works. Don't loose the parts.
    The solenoid may be bad or shorted.
    Have you manipulated the valve by-pass switch w/o power and water pumping?
    Is the solenoid in while you are testing?
    That might help us understand whats going on.
    Last edited by newty; 02-25-2009 at 12:06 PM.