Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

did you try moving that little black lever on the valve?

oh they are 24 volt soleniod.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Yes. I know in the on position, the water should move through the valve. I had the solenoid off. I stuck my finger in the valve and pushed up the diaphram. It moved very easy.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

was this a new valve that you had to wire up the soleniod to power?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

yes. I went to Home Depot and purchased the valve for about $11.00. Maybe a got the wrong kind?
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings

try removing the 8 screws and then pull the black plunger out-it could just be "stuck" from sitting like that so long in the box
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

OK I will give it a try.

one thing i cannot figure out on these valves is what the little black lever does- i have the "lid/top" off and when you move the lever nothing happens
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

OK. I checked everything. I had the pump on and no solenoid. Nothing came out. I stuck my finger in the valve and pushed up the diaphragm. The water came out flowing. I wonder if the diaphragm is too thick. Maybe built for higher pressures?

Correct me if I am wrong. when power is supplied to the solenoid, it pulls the pin in? Right

OK a couple of things. The little black lever is an electrical bypass. So it works the same way as if it were energized. The lever pushes that little white plunger down. That is what opens the valve.

That being said because it is a 24 volt solenoid it may not have enough juice to open the valve. I have not seen a 12 volt solenoid anywhere except the these boats. Do you have the old solenoids, or did you ever have them?

The little black lever should open the valve weather it is wired or not.