Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

try switching the wiring around-possible backwards?

I must admit im getting stumped on this
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Newty--
    Yes power is to the solenoid. I removed it to see if it sucks in under power. when power is off, the plunger comes out.
    Yes I worked the switch while the water is flowing. Remember, the water will only flow if I push the diaphram up with my finger. You can here the difference in the noise the pump makes. Once pushed the water goes into the pump and out the valve.
    I have had the solenoid both in and out while testing the valve.
    If funny, the pump I have is a lot stronger than my stck pump. I have the Tsunami 1200GPH pump.

Moombadaze. I will go and try switching the wires right now from the last test. I will be right back.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Alright now. I got it to work. The problem is that I had the pump in a Vertical position in the bucket. The was no pressure of water going into the pump as if it were sitting in the water. I placed the pump horizontal and the water started flowing. Now that problem is solved, the new problem. With the spring out, and solenoid off (no power), I still get a great flow of water. So I reinstalled the spring and powered the solenoid and yes the flow was a lot less. I think the spring needs to be there to put pressure against the diaphram to keep it closed so water will not enter while the boat is in motion. Now, I wonder if we cut a coil or two off the spring and still give the diphram pressure to keep it closed but less pressure when the pump is activated to allow the proper flow. What do you guys think?
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings

Tazz,
    Glad to hear problem is solved

I had my boat up on plane and had no water come out the valves(with spring removed),
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Did you say you had a 1" valve on your system. I think that I might chage my hoses on the rear sacks to 1" If you hoses are 1", how did you remove the quick connect off the bag and change it from 3/4" to 1"?
    I want to thank you and Newty for guiding me through this little problem that I encountered. Even though we have never met, it feels like we have known each other for several years. Thanks for your help.
    Mark

Tazz, I did upgrade one valve so far to 1" and am running 1" hose from that valve to my surf ballast bag. If you do go with this you will need about 8-9 feet of hose. On page 3 of this thread i tried to get pictures showing all the parts needed. I am reusing the soleniod from the 3/4" valve--they are interchangeable, that way i did not have to splice any wireing.

I am going to try Newty's two pump conversion soon but first i want to locate some of those wireing connectors.
    Last edited by moombadaze; 02-26-2009 at 09:15 AM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

Moombadaze--
    In my setup, I removed the single pump and added three separate pumps. One for each bag. Now I upgraded the intake from 3/4" to 1". Should I use the 3/4" valve or a 1" valve and then reduce it to 3/4" to go into the existing hoses?

I have a question, we're talking stricktly fill here correct? If so what is the diameter of the bottom scupper and have you all taken that into consideration or does it matter? Afterall aren't you regulated by the size of the input? If 3/4" is the intake then what does going 1" matter? Just asking ...
    2007 Mobius LSV

Glad to hear you got if figured out!
    Razzman what ever diameter the intake to your pump is, is the diameter you want to go with. In my case and most likely in Tazz's is that you may want to upgrade to 1" or larger with multiple pumps. You may be starving the pumps that require 3/4" inlet if you have all three running off of one inlet.
    In my case I spoke with my boss who is a physical engineer about sharing flow, the conversation quickly went way over my head He showed me on a chart what recommended flow through 3/4' should, be and what the pumps were rated to do and we (he) figured out I would be alright because the length of shared run of pipe was less than 4" then it split so there will be no loss of flow or starving of the pumps.
    Tazz in your case I would think of going up in size of inlet because you are feeding 3 pumps. I would simply order a larger through hull, remove the old one and make the hole a little bigger. If I'm not mistaken your tsunami pumps are rated at a higher flow than the rule.
    Was the manual valve open when the flow through the valve was occurring when it was supposed to be shut?
    You may also have the wrong valve. I noticed there were several 3/4" valves at home depot and they all looked similar. I wonder if they behave any differently in this application.

Tazz, I had originally thought of removing a portion of the spring as well to aid in the flow, and thats when I found the no spring trick. It might work.
    Last edited by newty; 02-26-2009 at 07:01 PM.

Tazz, When are you going to post up some pics of what you are doing? I'd like to see what your ideas are.