Default Need ballast advice, upgrading and unsure of a few things

Disclaimer: I have a Supra. I am posting here because I don't really like the Supra forum and I do like it here.

I am upgrading my ballast today, meaning placing my order, however I am unsure of a couple of things. I'm going with the Supra/Moomba BagBuster upgrade (http://www.wakemakers.com/supra-and-...r-upgrade.html) for now which will equal 2 750# sacs for the rear lockers and the 1100# sac for the center locker.

I'd love to just get the Supra Gravity III ballast upgrade kit but $$ wise and time wise I just don't have it, plus I'd have to buy the bags additionally anyway so I will tackle one issue now and the other in the offseason. We mostly wakeboard, don't do a whole lot of surfing because we typically don't have a big crew onboard (usually just us as a family, wife and one toddler and an infant) and the 21V is not really a great boat to surf on and we've never taken the time to really try to dial anything in. Plus our surfer is an '09 Grindwater Slaysh which is totally the wrong board for us and I am going to be selling. (that was a lot of unneccessary added info sorry)

Right now my GIII system is terribly inefficient as you all probably know or have experienced. None of the bags are currently vented so they do not fill and drain properly, and they even fill themselves when underway and pumps are not on.

So if I purchase the BagBuster upgrade, should I also look at getting the Vent Upgrade Kit (http://www.wakemakers.com/supra-moom...grade-kit.html) for three bags knowing that I will upgrade the whole system this winter and purchase the upgrade kit or would that be wasted $$? Or would I need to vent the system anyways when I purchase and install the GIII upgrade kit? (I'm confusing myself already).

I sent an email to WM this morning and plan to call but I have jury duty this week and their free 2-day shipping ends tomorrow.

I'd like to order by tonight.

Any insights on which way I need to go from the guru's?

Thanks,

Justin
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

They have an online chat option as well if you need immediate feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Alright alright, maybe a pointless post since I just got off the phone with wakemakers. I have two options:

1. Order BagBuster upgrade AND Vent Upgrade Kit if I am going to run that for a while and not go the "full upgrade kit for GIII"
    2. Order just the BagBuster kit now without vent upgrade as it wouldn't be needed once I purchased the "full upgrade kit for GIII".

Probably going with option one. Though I "say" I am going to be purchasing the full upgrade kit for GIII I know how things go and "something" will come up. Well in reality it already has as we're sitting on roughly $3,500 in medical bills from the delivery of our son last month. So I will be smart, well maybe a better word for it would be "economical" because being smart would involve the full upgrade.

Maybe this will help anyone else in the future.

Feel your pain C&S - we had a pretty hefty amount of med bills from last fall. A surprise week in the hospital came out to roughly $42k I wanna say. Thank God for good insurance and payment plans.

So there ya go - payment plan AND ballast upgrade!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Ha berg! Man that is a rough bill. I wouldn't say we have "good insurance" but I guess better than a lot however our costs have significantly increased since this obamacare fiasco. Such is life! Next years bonus should be able to get me there and I'll have MLA install it all and I can sell the vent upgrade kit maybe!!