Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Newty
    As soon as i got home i grabbed that xtra valve and did the breath test and dang i about hurt myself. Took the spring out and what a difference. I took one of the springs out of one valve in the boat and left one in-they sit side by side. Sunday i will try to get to the lake and see what kind of differnce there is and snap a photo of the amount of water coming out of those two valve's. My bigger valve also has this spring and i could not blow any air thru it-took the spring out and again what a difference. I also have some bigger size hoses and will see if that does anything. Your bucket test is VERY encouraging. Now i just hope it does not rain on sunday.
    Last edited by moombadaze; 02-20-2009 at 09:22 PM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Newty,

Good to hear the test went so well. You should take your boat out tomorrow or sunday to do water testing. I will be in Portland so i would be more then happy to join in becasue today was such a nice day out I really wanted to be on the water. Ok so that is a scam to get you to take your boat out.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Jester, Anything I can do get out in the boat. Unlike a lot of people I don't have to lie to make friends.

Moombadaze pretty big difference with out the spring huh?
    When I did the bucket test I was a little dissapointed with the results until I calculated the GPH, that was a lot more encouraging. So my original estimates of 1/2 the fill time were off but for the low low price of... free a little under a 1/3rd will do the trick!
    I plan on marketing this in my area! I mean who wouldn't want less fill time in there ballast.

Newty, you have made my day. And it's my birthday... So that's a big deal.
    Cal
    Yakima, WA
    2007 Supra 22SSV
    WashingtonWake facebook group

Happy Birthday bro! Glad I could help. Have a beer or 8 for me!

Holy s***, I can't wait to try this out. Thanks Newty!!!
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

Default Any pictures

I think I know what you're talking about, but is there any way you could post some pictures??
    Go Boat

Since i have a xtra valve now it was very easy to shoot a couple photos.

this shows the 8 screws that need to be removed

this is the spring that is removed

you really dont even have to remove the valve first-this can be done in the boat
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Default photo's from my in boat testing

this is with the stock valve--boat is also just sitting on the trailer for all photo's

stock valve

another angle of stock valve

stock valve with spring removed--very noticable increase in water flow

another angle of spring removed valve
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

this is the bigger 1" valve with the spring removed and larger 1" inch hose. this is almost the same flow as my tsunami pump

this was a very nice solid flow of water, with the spring in i was only about a 1/4 of that amount of water.

Newty, Huge,Huge thanks for your idea- I cant tell you how disapointed is was with my upgrade till you said to remove the spring-that made it all come together.

I did get the boat up on plane to see if water would force its way up thru the valves--didnt happen.

Newty-- you have my vote for mod of the year for a performance upgrade and its FREE
    Last edited by moombadaze; 02-22-2009 at 04:40 PM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold