Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Yea I don't know how it will work with two pumps. Thats why I stated with a factory system!
    You said you didn't have any probs so we'll see.
    People need to check things out them self to make sure things are as we say they are. It would be foolish for someone to pull the springs and expect everything to be hunky dory. Maybe for instance the 03 moombas are different, they should do a little research for themselves like most of us here @ moomba.
    Hope that thread doesn't go south. You always get the guy thats a grinder trying to argue with everyone. With out ever really knowing whats really going on. Thats why I like this site so much.

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    You always get the guy thats a grinder trying to argue with everyone..

I hear you on that. I read a lot over there but rarely post. Most Moomba threads do go south.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Ed, seek medical attention!

PWI as usual...

Just need to send a prepaid label?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Would this spring removal mod also work for the Irritrol 700 Valves?
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Did anyone have issue with the valves "bleeding" while under way? Those springs are in there to help shut off the valves when they are not energized. If you are running a pump and filling multiple bags and you cut one off, does the valve have enough evergy to shut itself or is it just left open since the spring is gone?
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

I ended up cutting the springs in half because they would tend to bleed by. If you keep them clean, they seal better and are a little more dependable.
    Last edited by newty; 06-13-2011 at 10:31 AM.

PWI as usual...

So springs in half is the way to go?

Want to upgrade to the Irritrol 700's, do they fill faster than the stock orbit valves? Those stock orbits are 3/4", should I go with 3/4" irritrols, or is 1" better. If I do 1", do I need different fittings?
    2007 LSV

Do not go with the 1" valves. I put in the 4,500 GPH pump and the 1" valves and did not notice much of an increase from the 3000gph with the 3/4" valves. I ran the 3/4" Irritrol valves for about 3 years and they worked great.

Quote Originally Posted by Beejwest View Post
    So springs in half is the way to go?

Want to upgrade to the Irritrol 700's, do they fill faster than the stock orbit valves? Those stock orbits are 3/4", should I go with 3/4" irritrols, or is 1" better. If I do 1", do I need different fittings?
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....nd-comparisons

here is a really old thread where a few of us did some testing and all posted what we came up with. The difference in the 3/4" vs 1" irrotrol was about 1 minute. Not worth the extra money for the 1" valves and all the new fittings you need.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In