Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Stereo and Battery project starting today

So I finally have everything planned out and ready to go. Headed out to pick up the boat and get started.

Here is a diagram of the planned outcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It is better barefoot!

Well the second battery is in all wired up and ready to go. Super simple, I used the BorgWarner R3098 relay. Pictures posted later today, although there ain't much to see.

Today I start working on the Amp install and I am NERVOUS as H#LL!

I am planning to install the amps on the interior hull wall just in front of the air duct. I see lots of people doing this and see the fiberglass seam that everyone attaches too but I just know I will drill too far and ruin my day!
    It is better barefoot!

Just make sure you get into the backing strips with the screws and not the hull. You'll be fine and GL.

Here are the pictures.
    I aborted on the amp install for this weekend, too close to the Daytona 500 to get started drilling (at least that is the excuse I am using).

I am one of those guys that measures 4 times and cuts once, so I am going to think about options this week and see what else I can come up with.

Note: The yellow string is my pull string for the other side, I keep one in there becasues you nevver know what you might want to add. (It will be hidden when I get finished along with all the stereo wires.

In the last picture, I marked what I am calling the seam, I am in the right place?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It is better barefoot!

yes you feel the 1/2 thicker strip along the bottom there?
    Also along the top pull the carpet down a bit and on the hull and you will see the firring strip they use to attach the top and bottom of the hull. there are you mounting points.

Bam
    What I did was cut a few pieces of wood blocks. I then traced out the blocks on the carpet. Cut out that piece of carpet. Use epoxy to glue down the blocks. Now when everything is dry, Mount your amp rack to that. This way, you do not have to drill into the fiberglass.
    Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Now that sounds like an idea I can work with!
    It is better barefoot!

I've done the same thing but with "sea board" blocks. Thery're just plastic instead of wood. I'm trying to stick with the whole "no wood" thing...... for my boat.

..Not "no wood" in general ...Wood is good ...Don't get me wrong here!
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

Great idea. Where can I get seaboard? Also, is epoxy glue holding up to all the banging?

not sure but i believe Starboard/Seaboard and HDPE are the same thing. HDPE can be bought at TAP PLastics or any similar place. I've used HDPE no problem all over boats as far as racks and such go.
    2007 Mobius LSV