Thread: Surf Ropes

Default Surf Ropes

Ok you surf experts I've got a question about surf ropes. First, I've done a search regarding my question and have not found an answer. Second, I just bought a new board and am going to start this year, but not a rope yet. So here goes: Why the small handle or no handle at all? I haven't seen this question addressed before.

Thanks in advance, now fill me with knowledge.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

The last thing you want is for your feet or other parts of the bod to get caught up in the rope that close to the boat. Hence no handle (beavertail) or small T handle or small Wake style.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I' been looking at the different types and have about settled on the T handle. I don't think that my wife and others would be able to get up with the no handle rope and after reading a post on wakeworld I'm not sure that the small wake handle is the safest way to go.

Thanks for addressing this issue for me, somethimes the little things need to be talked about from time to time so people new to the sport are not left guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    as the former Florida Rep of the American Wakesurfing Association, I want there to be absolutely no guessing and I implore you to buy the T-handle rope. Get two. One always seems to find where the prop is hiding.

Does that response help you decide?

get the T

get the T
    So what you're saying is, maybe I should get the T.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    Pretty hard for that 6" T-handle to stick in your rear, but I guess anything is possible.
    OUCH!

Here'a link that shows all three surf styles
    http://ridecwb.com/index.php?mod=rop...r=36&id_prd=29
    2007 Mobius LSV

T-handle -its what we use
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

we have a small handle right now.
    cousin had one with tennis balls weaved into a rope. there were 4 of them, about 1ft apart. I preferred that one the best, but haven't been able to find one anywhere...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Sled491 Guest

We went with the T handle. Money well spent. We all started last year (myself, wife, sister inlaw) and no one had a problem with the T and we don't have a tower which helps like you wouldn't believe.

I ordered the T handle, should be in any day now. Now if the weather will just warm up a little more I could get started.