Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Z5 Cargo Rack

Default Z5 Cargo Rack

I have been Looking and Looking all over for a new or used Z5 Cargo Rack. I can not find it anywhere. My dealer tells me that they can only sell me one off one of their boats in inventory, only if they convince the manufacturer that it came in damaged. Does anyone know of a dealer, aftermarket seller, thief, just kidding, that might have these to sell? I really like to get one of these. It hard to have 3 boards plus boards of my other riders and a surboard on the boat at the same time. No room for the cooler of beer. Can anyone help me.
    Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Tazz, at the bottom of the thread i believe is an e-mail to the manufacture or distributer ( from wakeworld) I wish my OBV could handle one, they look awesome

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...tml?1170174048
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I just notified him. He hold me that he only deals with dealers. He does not sell to private parties. He told me to have me dealer contact him. I'll give it a try.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

I bought one of the Monster Tower Cargo Rakcs last fall, but haven't installed it yet.

http://shop.monstertower.com/p-103-c...ck-bimini.aspx

I've put the top together and was impressed with the aluminum frame and canvas cover. The functionality appears to be very similar to the Z5 Cargo. The Monster rack will fit on the OBV's. The only thing I'm not wild about is that the brackets have to be screwed to the tower. Only reason that bothers me is that I think I'm going to want to take the bimini with me if I ever sell this boat and I don't know what I'd do with the holes in the tower.

Default Z-cargo

Hey Tazz, I purchased mine from my dealer, they had one in the box. Whats up with not wanting to sell these?
    08 LSV, Z-5 CARGO, TANDOM AXLE CUSTOM WHEELS TRAILER.....HOME LAKE IS BILLY CHINOOK CENTRAL OREGON

Tazz, I have been going through the same thing. I went to the dealer and he said the z5 was more expensive if not ordered with a boat and I didnt understand that either. I have also been looking at the monster top but cant tell if it is larger enough and would provide enough shade.

That is one of the best things if not the best option we have on our boat. When other inboards see it they wish they had one, I cannot believe this manufacturer is being so stingy with an item he could really sell a bunch of.
    Wolfman, ours clamps to the tower, there are no through holes?

Yeah that is also another plus for the z5 no drilling.

And also pull 4 pins and it is off then the tower folds down and now she now sits in the garage waiting for spring time! One modification we made to it (since we have the Dirrect Drive, the Real Ski Boat) is used some of the foam that covered the tubing and a couple of zip ties and made a bumper so that it wouldn't bang into the ski pylon when we lowered it.

Do any of these racks have weight ratings? A wet inflateable can be heavy, and it's going overhead, so I'd like to see a weight capacity in writing.