Default Looking at buying a Moomba

I am getting ready to buy my first boat as a family now. I grew up on the water waterskiing and playing. Now 25 years later considering a boat for the family. My 9 yr son is getting into wakeboard, I would like to give it a try as also the wife. My wife would like to learn how to ski also, not solam pro or anything like that. My 11yr daugther, the best i have done is to get her to ride a tube. We also like to kneeboard.

I cant afford a new rig so I must used, and with the current economy actually scared to let loose of the money. I have been looking at 2002 OB LSV. It has a ballast system but dont really see that a must as we are newbies. Looking for some advice....

TIA
    Mcdye
    Last edited by mcdye; 02-12-2009 at 11:04 PM.

That would be a great first boat. If I am not mistaken, The hull of that boat was used as the LSV until 05, 06 It became known as the Outback V.
    They did not change it until 09
    Lot's of folks on here have that boat.
    Does it have a wake plate? that will improve the wake for skiing some as well as allow you to fine tune it if you want to wakeboard.
    Inboards are great fun.
    I started with a used 04 Outback in Aug 06 and then in Sep 07 moved to a used 06 LSV. Loved the Outback and Love my LSV.
    Have a mechanic check out the engine and Transmission, service it and spend some time in it!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Thanks for reply, yes it has a hydro wake plate. I was told it was the same hull up to 09.

Naturally it would be a BIG learning on to use the 3 sac ballast and plate for each activity.

I had this same hull-03 lsv, great all around boat. never once had any issues with it. the wake plate is a real good option to have as it will make a big differnce in the wake for multple watersports. As Ed said "Once your a Moomba owner, your always a Moomba owner."-We are both on are 2nd Moomba
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Go for it. I promise you that you will not regret it. That's a great boat and it will do everything you want it to with room to grow. You'll be surprised how fast your son improves and will be begging you for ballast if you don't get it now. Enjoy and welcome!!!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!