Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default dual battery w/ switch

This is in my 2003 supra laucnh SSV. I hope no one minds me posting here since the supra boards are so slow. I owned a moomba outback first if that helps. I removed the single battery with an on/off switch that came from the factory and cut a bigger hole and added a dual battery switch with 2 blue top optimas. I also dismounted the factory 50 amp breaker and fuse block that was mounted to the carper on the back of the bow seats and redid it. I also added a 2 bank on board charger so I can just plug it in after a weekend at the lake. In my 98 outback I mounted my amps the same way and never had any problems. I mounted these to a cutting board so that I would not have any wood to worry about. I started this on Tuesday after work and finished it up yesterday when I got off work. Let me know what you think. My amps are on the other side of the boat and I plan to add my new amp to a cutting board and mount the same way on the drivers side. I used the bolts coming from the bow seats so no additional holes had to be drilled.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 98outback; 02-12-2009 at 07:49 AM.

Default more

more pictures

Default nicely done

Looks really clean, like how you have it all tucked way up at the front out of the way... I am planning on doing pretty close to the same thing on my boat, was wondering do you have a wiring diagram that went with this?

Default hey

PM me your email address and I will send it to you in the morning when I get to work.

Thanks for posting the pics, awesome job.

Default diagram

James - here is the diagram for you.

Thanks for the comments

98outback - Thanks for the diagrams. Am planning on getting it done once I can get the boat out of storage for the winter.... Got to love the eight month Canadian winter!!

Where did you get the mounting board and what size is it?
    It is better barefoot!

Very well done. a Nice and clean setup. You have given me some ideas on how to redo my dual battery. Anything you came accross that caused problems?
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Default Easy job

This job was easy. I moutned my amps in my outback the same way. I know the cutting board is plastic ED. I have another one that I will be using for my amp. I will look at that one and let you know exactly what its made of. I wanted to stay away from any wood. The cutting board is 15"x20" and is about 3/8" thick. Its not heavy at all. I will take more pictures when I mount my amp on the drivers side. The hardest part was cutting the hole for the dual batt switch. There was already a smaller hole from where I removed the single switch so the bit on teh hole saw had nothing to bite into. Also it is cramped working space by the time you get your body in there.