Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ballast Help...

Question Ballast Help...

I have an 07 Mobius Lsv with the wake plate. The boat has the 400 lbs center ballast sac, but I am looking to add more weight. I was thinking about putting a 350 Lbs in each rear compartment and a 100 lbs on both sides of the bow, with the center sac. Is this a alright sounding set up, or does anyone have any suggestions; I am trying to keep the weight close to a total 1200 lbs. Also I would like to install all of this so it is automatic and wire two more switches one for the back two sacs and one for the front plus the center. My question is how many pumps would I need? I also do not want to drill into the hull at all. Any suggestions and detailed ideas would be very appreciated. Thanks for the help..

Clay

Drilling thru the Hull is really not that bad. I did it. I removed the single pump and added 3 pumps. Here is the thread
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=7138 I will be going to the lake this weekend to test it out.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Thumbs up Ballast Help..

Thanks a lot.. I have been trying to find some pictures of how to do it, but I did not have any luck.. That set up looks really good.. When you drain the ballast did you just get directional hookups and run it into your bilge line? I think I can get the courage though to drill through the hull.. Thanks for the help.

I would say skip getting the 350lb bags and just get the 750lb bags-you will want them if you ever try surfing.

If you dont want to drill in the bottom of the boat you could just upgrade the gravity 1 system to gravity 3 system. Only real difference is 2 more sprinkler valves and a manifold and some hoses and new switch panel.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Smile

I have heard of the gravity three system. I do not really know how I could upgrade it. Coul I order from the factory or do I have to take it to a moomba dealer? This '09 feature sounds cool, I really do not know anything about it. Where could I find info on it specifically?

Wakeboard89
    I used the existing drain pumps on mine. I just changed the input pumps. Went to the lake on Sunday to test. I still have a few bugs to work out. The good thing is that, one, it does not leak. The second, it pumps much faster. I need to remove the gate valve and replace it with a 12volt inline ball valve. The problem that I am having is the tanks are filling while in motion. The electric valve that I am going to get will close the input when power is off. When I turn the pumps on, the valves will open to allow water to go thru.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Thumbs up

So I can use the existing drain pumps.. I was wandering if I had to buy new pumps for draining.. After looking at pictures of how people installed more sacs I think I figured out how I am going to do it.. I think that if I just get something like a three way fitting and place it right at the filling hole and run the separate hoses to the pumps for the sacs and then use the already drilled holes for bilge and the other sac and get directional fittings and just connect the hoses to the already existing thru- hull holes.. I hope that works.. Thanks for all the help everyone.. This forum is a lot nicer than wakeworld..

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeboard89 View Post
    Thanks for all the help everyone.. This forum is a lot nicer than wakeworld..
    well, i don't want to bash the boys over at wakeworld, i think they all feel bad that they screwed them selves out of piles of money so..., that may be bashing, i'll stop. glad you came to the board, i know i didn't help you, but you are right, this board is very helpful. guess that is the moomba family way.

see if someone is in your area that you could go look in their boat to see how the plumbing is run. that is the most helpful thing to figure out how to do ti yourself.

Wake World helps out a lot. I get a lot of good advice from them. Everyone has been extremely helpful here. Definatly makes being a Moomba owner more enjoyable. It is cool how other more experienced boat owners help out.

Exclamation

So I am getting ready to do the ballast system. My plan is all made and I am about to order the sacs. I am looking at the straightline launch pad sacs the 540 and I was wandering if anybody had any bad things to say about them, or if they were good to get. The price of them is great, but I do not know if they are too cheap.