Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default NEED HELP - 2008 Outback no power to accessory switches

I am in the middle of a stereo upgrade and when I connected the battery today to test everything, I had no power to my accessory switches. What am I overlooking? The gauges pop on with the key turn, but still nothing to the switches. Is there a master fuse somewhere?

Thanks,
    Jason

Reese350 Guest

Check the master down by the battery. Look for the red reset button.

Brian Raymond Guest

The red button will pop the breaker when pushed, when this is pushed, a small black lever will kick out. Push the lever back up and it will reset the breaker. Hope this helps, keep us posted. Brian Raymond

Make sure the circuit card is pushed in behind the switches

Thanks guys, the project will be on hold until next weekend, but I will keep you posted.

Do I risk any equipment damage if I bypass the circuit breaker and fuse to continue to diagnose?

Wow! That would be one awesome stereo.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Ok, problem fixed, but I am embarrassed. Thanks for helping me focus on the circuit breaker. Yesterday was a long day, and seeing that the wire coming out of the circuit breaker for power supply was coated in black conduit with a ring of black electrical tape around it at the terminal ring, I assumed Skier's Choice was telling me this was a ground. It was not

The system is loud, and I love my WS420 so far.

Thanks guys!

J

I have a new problem. It seems I am overdrawing the system when I hook everything up. I can can not run the stereo for longer than a few seconds before it turns off, nor can I run more than 3 accessory switches for a few seconds. The breaker doesn't neccessarily trip each time, I just lose power. The weird thing is that whenever I remove all the stereo wires, and run only the main battery termianls and the fuse box/circuit breaker wires to the primary battery, I still lose power. Any ideas? Low battery(x 2), loose fuse, bad grounds(to the negative terminals).... For example, when I turn the courtesy light switch, they come on at the beginning and immediately go out everytime I flip the switch...

I am so frustrated, thanks in advance. Sometimes I hate my hobbies

Quote Originally Posted by Dubwake21 View Post
    I am so frustrated. Sometimes I hate my hobbies
    Glad to hear some one else has this issue.

Good luck
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart