Default Rochester boat show

The show was lighter than last year from boats and buyers, seemed like more browsers than buyers. The moomba dealer had the 09 Lime/black LSV. very cool up close and they had an 08 xlv blue and grey. was hoping to see the new OBV 09 up and personal but they left it at the show room.

first time up an close in the MC, 21v, not much storage, lots of bling way over priced 90k on sale for 76K. also saw natique, with a 7K tower (ouch)and the malibu and centurions, i was not impressed with either The diff between the 21vride and the 21 xlv malibu was 30k in bling 47k vs 76k.

sorry i did not take some pics but over alll the show was a mix of i/o's, fish & ski, bass boats pontoons and and inboards seamed like dealers we aonly bringing a feww from each class givin the economy.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

With the price differential widening, SC looks even better and you may start seeing these MC dealers start taking a hit. Even if I could afford a $90K boat, I would be too embarrassed to tell someone I paid that much.

aint that the truth.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Sled491 Guest

JV, you'll have to see the Outback V in person to develop an opinion. The look is not for everyone as well as the interior detailing.

You would think that MC and SN and Boos and the rest would be really loosing ground to SC. But I wonder if it is just the gap within the Middle class that is widening. I couldn't even imagine spending 90k on a ski boat and yet they seem to have no problems selling them. I might be way off on that one.

As I recall the #1 sellling V drive in America is the Moomba LSV. A boat that I would love to own but as stated in the past until I buy a new lot I can't get it into my peir.

sled,

I will see one on May 7th when i get my boat ( wow that seems like a long way away) the obv 09 in pics it looks like a smaler lsv.. anyhow i was still not impressed with the MC,SN etc. maybe I just like the classic look of My Suburban Vs a decked out Escalade.

The MC extended the interior back to create space and the V drive rear storage was half of the normal space. could not even fit a mid size cooler in them.. Storage very limited..

Centurian has a step over between bow and cabin which seemed to be useless and in the way.

Towers have gotten out of control as well
    I like the classic look of sc boats

My .02

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I thought I was the only one that preferred the look of a Suburban over the Escalade. Maybe it's just the bling factor I don't know.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Sled491 Guest

JV, I don't like that step over either, Boo used to have a similar thing, just seemed like a huge waste to me.

With the hull shape, the new Outback V doesn't resemble anything in the Moomba line up now. It has more draft the even the XLV @ 27". The bow is what sets it apart from the LSV though. Completely different shape.

Quote Originally Posted by sled491 View Post
    With the hull shape, the new Outback V doesn't resemble anything in the Moomba line up now. It has more draft the even the XLV @ 27". The bow is what sets it apart from the LSV though. Completely different shape.
    Ed and I had our boats rafted together on new years day as we were blown across the lake-very windy day- and from the windshield back are very close to the same. Windshield forward there is a pretty big difference.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart