View Poll Results: What date should we choose?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • June 20th

5 41.67%
  • July 25th

4 33.33%
  • August 15th

3 25.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default ***Michigan Moomba/Supra Gathering - Dates - Location ***

It seems that we've got several members on here from the Southern part of Michigan, so why don't we have a Moomba party?

I'd like to get dates/location info hammered out ASAP with the hopes of having something to start promoting at the up-coming boat shows. I've spoken with Natalie about this and she gives us full support. I've got an email in to Rob @Club Royale to see if they'd be willing to support as well.

Possible Dates:
    I’d like to have the event on a Saturday. The reasoning is that if some people are planning to drive a little way to get to the gathering they won’t have to rush home.
    June 20th

July 25th

August 15th
    I’ve chosen these dates based on avoiding other known events in the area (Walled Lake Beach Party & Thunder Races, Quake on the Lake, MC Waterski ProTour, Woodward DreamCruise, etc.) I’m open to suggestions/changes!

Possible Locations:

Cass Lake: (1,282 acres) Map
    Benefits: Very large lake, public boat launch, park, bathrooms and vending at Dodge Brothers State Park. (This is my home lake)
    Drawbacks: This is arguably the busiest lake in Oakland County. Generally a lot of traffic on weekends.

Walled Lake: (670 acres) Map
    Benefits: One of the only lakes I know of in the area that has a resturaunt/bar with docks (Bayside Sports Grill). They have a lot of events on this lake.
    Drawbacks: Also very busy, almost entirely surrounded by residential. No public boat launch.

Orchard Lake: (789 acres) Map
    Benefits: Smaller, and a bit less traffic. Public boat launch (limited parking)
    Drawbacks: Alcohol prohibited, I'm not sure if there is a 'Sandbar' area on this lake, no real beach/recreation area.

Pontiac Lake: (532 acres) Map
    Benefits: Almost entirely bordered by Pontiac Lake Recreation Area
    Benefits: Public boat launch, park, bathrooms and vending
    Drawbacks: Alcohol restrictions

THESE ARE JUST THE LAKES THAT I KNOW OF AND HAVE BEEN TO. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO RECCOMEND ANY LAKE THAT MIGHT FIT THE BILL: Central location, addequate parking/launch facilities, etc...
    Last edited by ian ashton; 03-26-2009 at 11:23 AM.
    2013 Outback V

The reasoning behind the dates I've chosen:

Cass Lake:
    June 6-9 Dodge Park Boat Show

Walled Lake:
    June 13-14 Thunder Races
    July 11-12 Beach Party

Pontiac Lake:
    July 17-19 Quake on the Lake/Malibu Open

Lake St Clair:
    June 26(Friday) Jobbie-Nooner
    July 24-26 Cintron Offshore Classic

July 17-18 -Mastercraft Waterski Pro Tour

August 5th – Woodward Dream Cruise

June 21st Eyes on Design Car Show/Fathers Day
    2013 Outback V

Sled491 Guest

Hey don't be surprised if a few from the boardering states try to sneak in

ya know i was thinking about bringing the boat with me right around the 19th of june to that part of the country,

hhmmmmm....
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

All are welcome to join! If all goes well I hope to have a free Moomba coolie and/or t-shirt of some kind comorating the first annual event.
    Last edited by ian ashton; 02-03-2009 at 08:11 PM.
    2013 Outback V

Just heard back from Rob at Club Royale and they are in 100%!
    2013 Outback V

Ian,
    I voted for July, but any would really work. I just figured July would be warmer and less chance of rain. As for location, I do like the sound of the facilites at Walled Lake, but I'm wondering about how we go about getting our boats on with no public launch.
    Booze isn't a major factor, but it is nice to enjoy an adult beverage or two in the sun

What about Elizabeth Lake the Club Royale is on? Especially if they are going to help sponsor things.
    Doug
    02 Outback LS
    Howell, Mi

I think I'm now leaning towards July @Cass Lake. The reasoning behind Cass is that its huge, has a beautiful boat launch and park, and there are are several sand bars and coves for boaters to tie up, or wakeboard/ski/surf in.

I'd love to have it at Elizabeth Lake, but since its private I'm affraid it would be asking a bit much of Club Royale for us to use the facility, and potentially aggrivate the people that live on the lake. Believe me, thats the first idea I had when I was looking at things, but I think it would be a tough one to get done.
    2013 Outback V

Reese350 Guest

I voted for August but to be honest, I'm impartial. It seems like a public launch and parking should be highest priority since most of us would be putting in. Hopefully, we'll be able to make it. Unfortunately, my input to our schedule is 5th in line of priority right behind my 3 kids and wife. I'm pretty sure I'm ahead of the dog but sometimes it's hard to tell. I will definately spread the word to Moomba folks on my lake once something gets set up.

i can't do august, but may be able to do the other dates. i'm on union lake, which isn't a bad lake either - huge sandbar where everyone ties up on the weekends. water is very clear & clean. the only problem is you might have to get to the pulic launch early on the weekends because parking is usually full before noon (despite having a pretty good size lot).

pontiac lake isn't bad either - i hear you have to be careful of stumps if you don't know the lake.

you'd have a hard time with walled lake because no public launch.

maceday lake is a great lake for boarding in - but not on the weekends - not sure where the tie up spot is tho.

white lake has a great tie up spot on a huge sandbar - i've never partied there, but i hear good things.