Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Service near Center Hill Lake(TN)?

I know there are some middle tn moomba lovers on here. Anyone know a good guy to use for the basic spring service (really just basically a good oil change)?

Xtreme Marine (Nashville Moomba dealer) did it last year, but I think they are out of business as they weren't at the boat show and some dealer from Alabama was there.

Plus, the guy that did the work at Xtreme for me last year drove in from Cookeville. Can't remember his name.

Sled491 Guest

Just head over to the SC factory, Just kidding. Try it yourself, plenty of free advice here and it isn't really all that hard.

Heck, instead of driving 2 hours east to Maryville I could just drive 3 hours west to Memphis (Millington) and let Indmar do it !

It seems every time I start one of these projects it takes me longer than most to finish it. I winterized it and it took about twice as long as it should have. I know it's not rocket science but I'm not as mechanically inclined as some on here and at some point I just want to be able to enjoy the thing.

I'll have my fill of little projects this spring putting on the new seadek swim pad, installing the monster cargo bimini and trying to figure out what is making my heater leak hot water but only when it is on (which makes no sense to me, but it only leaks when the heater is running even though water is circulating through it constantly - what in the world would cause it to leak essentially only when the fan is on).

Sled491 Guest

The heater thing is interesting. What boat do you have again? This oil change depending on the boat would be way easier than winterizing.

Volfo

I suggest TNT Watersports in Hendersonville. I used the MC shop for a while mainly because MC copied SC and used Indmar for their boats. I like the guys at TNT better, the MC guys look down there nose at the Moomba owners.

Anyway, talk to Andrew or Eric at TNT they will take care of you, just tell the Spivey sent you.
    It is better barefoot!

Thanks Spivey.

I have an '01 Outback LS with the 320 hp throttle body fuel injection.

The heater is crazy. My heater coil went bad and it was leaking constantly. I ordered a new one from skidim and installed it and it didn't leak. I thought problem fixed. Then fall came and we started using the heater and presto - turn it on and it starts leaking. Turn it off, it stops. Makes no sense to me.

By the way Spivey, one of the great things about the lake is that normally no one looks too far down or up based on the boat or the brand. MC makes a great boat but obviously you made the same choice I did!

I pulled two of them in off Center Hill Lake last year, and one the year before. To be clear, one of them technically wasn't broken down. It was a brand new 26 plus foot, I believe twin-engine mastercraft. The guy had just picked it up at the dealer on Friday and dumped it in the lake. He flagged me down Sunday about an hour before dark as I was heading in. He'd run it clean out of gas. Told me he didn't pay any attention to the guage on the $100k plus boat because the guy at the dealership told him it held enough gas for all weekend and his weekend wasn't over yet. I told him that it looked to me like it was.

Sled491 Guest

that's a funny story The LS being a DD is the second easiest boat SC makes to change the oil on.

I see a mixed bag with the MC guys on the lake, but at the shop it is a different story.
    We hang out at Cove Hollow on our friends houseboat or camp at Floating Mill.

Look forward to seeing you on the water this year.
    What color is your boat, do you keep it on the lake or trailer it in?
    It is better barefoot!

boat is beige base with a marron accent. has a monster tower on it. we pretty much stay south of sligo down around 4 seasons. on the waiting list for a slip at 4 seasons, have it in storage near there.

Bought my slalom from TNT before it "changed" owners. Still nice guys in there but it's all about the wakeboards now.