Thread: Draft

Default Draft

Does the measurement of the draft of our boats include the tracking fins/rudder/prop? I did some research online, and I find that most think it is the bottom of the hull to the waterline. The tracking fins, prop, and rudder reside significantly below the bottom the hull in an inboard.

You might go 2.5" but less than three makes me very uncomfortable.

The draft on a boat is the lowest thing, or to put it another way the first thing that will get ripped off! So the rudder is usually the lowest thing on our types of boats. This is the value that a ship Captain needs when he is pulling into St. Andrews Bay, what is going to go first!!!

Thank you.

I'm not sure how much weight is in the boat when they do their measurement. I imagine the boat is empty when checked so your displacement will vary.

I allways thought it was the lowest point.

Don, your 1 7/8 trailer ball is here- i thought i called and left a message but now im not 100% sure. Hope you can come up for saturday march 14th lake Griffin mini jam.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Sled491 Guest

Ya draft a very important measurment. I concur it is the lowest point and the reason we have an Outback and not a V Drive. Our water is just to low in front of our place so the smallest draft was how we had to go. For this fact I hope Moomba keeps the LS going so that when we go to a bigger boat we can keep the same shallow draft of 22".