Default Will I need a new prop???

I have a 2000 Kamberra (Mob V hul) and I have the standard 4blade prop. I will be running 900lbs of ballast in the front, and 600 in the front. I will be doing wakeboarding and some surfing. Will it be necessary for me to upgrade my prop? Or can I manage w/out?!?

What size is the prop? It all depends on the size and pitch of the blades.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Quote Originally Posted by tysonma View Post
    I have a 2000 Kamberra (Mob V hul) and I have the standard 4blade prop. I will be running 900lbs of ballast in the front, and 600 in the front. I will be doing wakeboarding and some surfing. Will it be necessary for me to upgrade my prop? Or can I manage w/out?!?
    contact eric at oj props. he will know the answer.

Without knowing whats on your boat (prop and engine) its hard to say. My guess is that it runs something close to a 14x18 which should be fine. I typically run a 14.25x14.5 on a 310 or 350 hp engine, but we also run about 2500 lbs of ballast.

Sled491 Guest

I agree with QB12. Don't guess, go to the source.