Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smile At what age did you bring yours babies on board

Hey All,

I am about to be a new father of baby twins and I am very excited. I want to get them involved ASAP. I am wondering where to get best vests for new borns and at what age did you all start bringing them on board. How did you bring them on board strickly by holding them I would imagine? I am also wondering the youngest ages you started them on the ski trainer ( U shape skier) or wakeboarding too. I am a snowboarder and snow skier too so that information I am interested in too....

Thanks Mark

Our son was born Jan 16, 2008 and helped me sell my wife on the new '08 Outback V. Put the boat in the water on May 2 and Jack was at the wheel with me! We found the best lifejacket at Boater's World. The V drive setup allowed him to sleep and crawl around.

Congrats on the new arrivals. we have a set of twins 11,and and 8 year old are are now expecting in June.

I expect to be on the water ASAP. V drive could even fit a small pack n play.

Search on newborn or infant life jackets

http://www.safelifejackets.com/produ...nfant-PFD.html

www.overtons.com has some as well.

OOPS sorry. Baby on the way moomba must go NOT j ust more gear
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Well, I brought my baby on board for the first time at age 16! He is 22 now. Oh ok, he lived with his mom before then. And yes, he’s still my baby.
    Texas is a Great Country!

2008 XLV 1100# sacks X3! Whooya!

my girl was born in november and at about 4 months we were on the water. we just made sure that she was under shade and just let her sit in her car seat unstrapped-just in case we had to grab her. keep the tunes low--ear's are sensitive
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    my girl was born in november and at about 4 months we were on the water. we just made sure that she was under shade and just let her sit in her car seat unstrapped-just in case we had to grab her. keep the tunes low--ear's are sensitive
    I think it was more like 6 months, when we could put sunblock on her. She sure hated that baby life jacket though!
    its MOOMBA time somewhere

We had my best friend's baby on the boat within 5 days. That kid had already been surfing 2.5 hours away within 2 days.
    Babies don't have to slow you down.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Sled491 Guest

I never did get that whole "baby on the way need to sell the boat" thing. My 1st son was born on Jan 27 2000 and we have pics of him on our 1st ride of the season which was March that year in lower WI. My second son was born in Oct so he had no boat time, but my youngest, my daughter was born in June and was on the lake in June.

My oldest was deepwater starting a slalom ski at age 7 and skiing JR trainers at age 5. My youngest is now 5 and she was on the trainers this summer. Just check out my albums.

Make sure you keep the bimini up and keep squirting the baby sunblock on them. Be reasonable also, your days will be a little shorter on the water, but you'll still be on the water! My kids know nothing else! Heck my 2 sons can even drive all boats we own, including a tiller and an ugle old barge!

Smile

Both of our kids have grown up in the boats from day one. Just find a lifejacket that is suitable and away you go.
    The term sleep like a baby should have come from boating as ,both kids and many others i've seen seam to always fall sound asleep in the boat and it seems the rougher the water the better,within reason.
    Enjoy and just keep kids safe and covered from the sun etc.Enjoy your boating.

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Both of our kids have grown up in the boats from day one. Just find a lifejacket that is suitable and away you go.
    The term sleep like a baby should have come from boating as ,both kids and many others i've seen seam to always fall sound asleep in the boat and it seems the rougher the water the better,within reason.
    Enjoy and just keep kids safe and covered from the sun etc.Enjoy your boating.
    that's for sure, the movement of the boat was always the perfect way to get the kids down for a nap! And believe it or not under the consule was the best place. Protected from sun and people it was like there own little cocoon