Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Depth finder for Moomba

Does any Moomba have a depth finder in it, if so were is it mounted. I'd like to get one that fits in like the amp gauge hole.

Ed
    I need to remount mine. When I was looking for a place to drill my holes for the new pump, I noticed that it was not attacked to the fiberglass. I used a Marine adhesive caulk to seal up the holes I drilled. Do you think that I can use the same stuff to remount my sending unit for the depth finder?
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Thanks, Ed
    Above the throttle looks good. Now that I see what it would look like.

Quote Originally Posted by 1LOKMOOMBA View Post
    Does any Moomba have a depth finder in it, if so were is it mounted. I'd like to get one that fits in like the amp gauge hole.
    I have the Moomba one and it is mounted on the last spot on the right side if looking at Ed's pic. The problem is that when it sunny out you cannot see it unless you move your head into the dash and off the water to see it. I am planning on moving it to the spot right next to the speed geage this winter.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Sled491 Guest

I had one blank at the far right of my cluster. I guess it was either for the depth gauge or a wakeplate indicator. Either way I just until the fake and screwed the depth gauge right in. Simple as pie.

Mine came with the stock depth gauge. Is the one that you guys have better. My transducer was mounted directly to the fiberglass next to the tranny. It was glued there. I guess the glue did not hold.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Sled491 Guest

Tazz, I think there the same one, just that SC has there logo put on it, same way as Perfect Pass does for everyone

Sled, how hard was it to install and does it work good.

Is that steering wheel factory?-looks different
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Sled491 Guest

You have to glass the transducer onto the hull and set the dead rise. So it's a bit finicky but the wiring is straight forward for this group of stereo installers!

Quote Originally Posted by sled491 View Post
    Here's a couple pics of where I put mine. Hope this helps as our boats should be kind of similar.

By sled491, shot with u40D,S500,uD500 at 2009-01-24

By sled491, shot with u40D,S500,uD500 at 2009-01-24
    Thanks for the info.