Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New Ballast system

Well guys, I finally got all the items that I need for the new ballast system. I will post what I bought, the store I bought it from and the cost. I also have pictures of the new items together.

I do have one question for anyone. Last winter, I install the new Star Gazer PP. I really like it. Thats not the question. Now that I have the PP installed, I have no need for the Moomba Cruise switches. Does anyone know of anyone that can make a new plate that will house a new switch in it? I woulde like it to be thw same shape as the existing plate. I would like to add a switch for maybe LED lights or something. Can anyone help me?
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

OK here is the list and pictures.
    www.firstchoicemarine.com Attwood Tsunami 1200GPH Pump $34.99 each. Treaded to barb straight $6.99. (this is the piece that fits the Tsunami pump. It is 1 1/8") Remote Mounting Bracket $2.99 each
    www.boaterworld.com Bronze Strainer X-Hull w/Nut 1" $33.99 each. 3M 5200 Adhesive Sealant $14.99 each. 1" Hose Bard to a 3/4" thread $2.29 each

Local Hardware Store. 1" Street 90 degree Brass Connector $9.55 each. 1" Ball Valve $19.95 each. 1"MIP x 1" Barb $.65 each. #10 Hose Clamps $1.40 each. 3/4" PVC threaded couplings $3.90 each. 1" RVT tubing $2.91

Lots of patience, time, and a good game plan. Remember. measure 20 times and drill once. I put all of them together to see where is the best location for the intake and were everything will fit. I did use a carbide hole saw to drill through the fiberglass. Here are the pictures I promised.

I had to heat up the tubing over the stove. This allowed me to slip it over the 1 1/8" barb.

I used the existing hole for this application. This was the easy one to do. The other was a bit difficult to place and especially to drill
    Last edited by tazz3069; 01-11-2009 at 06:13 PM.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings

I placed the 90 degree street coupler on the fiberglass to see if this application would work

This was the pilot hole that I drilled. I did this to see the hole on the bottom of the boat to drill the bigger hole.

Here is the hole after I drill it out with the carbide hole saw. I did use tape around the location of the hole.

Here is the piece that came out,

When I installed the scoop, I smothered the base of it with the 3M adhesive sealant. I did the same thing with the nut on the other side. This stuff takes about a week to dry completely.

Here is the completed system. I had to use 1" PVC for this application.

Here is another look with the PVC attached to the 1" Ball Valve.
    I am using the existing wire that operated the solenoids. The only thing different is that I removed the 3 amp fuses and replaced them with the 5 amp fuses. This way I can individually work each pump. I tested the system and all the pumps work. I still need to put it in the water to see how long it take to fill up a 400LB bag.

Sled491 Guest

Awsum Tazz, and much less expensive than I would have thought. Any time you want to hook ono up for me let men know.

On the Moomba cruise thing, I remember Aquaholic getting a custom billet plate made, maybe you can look into something like that.

Incredible. Very slick. Going to work great.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Yea, that is really cool, I like!

I second the great photos and slick system, love the details . I am not sure i have the stones to drill into the bottom yet.

great job
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Edd the photos are still on the sight. If not, they are in my public photo file.
    Tazz

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    I second the great photos and slick system, love the details . I am not sure i have the stones to drill into the bottom yet.

great job
    You have to be damsure about what you're doing before you start drilling that size hole in that location. That's for sure.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!