Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Drew, that would be great if you could find out if there's any chance they will do the Jam this year.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Drew, keep us updated and thanks for getting involved.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by saltyoysters View Post
    Wolfman we might go surfing in 2 weeks if weather is good , i can pick you up at the powerplant by the chevron , hope you ride goofy.
    Salty - check for PM

hey guys I live 10 minutes from redtop mountain and 5 minutes from where I put my mobius in,so as far as clean water and lake levels allatoona was fine last year.Don't believe everything you here about allatoona being so nasty! If I can help,just let me know.

Finger-good to know. Last year was on lanier and i think they will have it on the same lake. Either way a bunch of us from down south will be making a trip north.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

fingerstick,

Having grown up in Marietta and last living in Acworth I have tried on this board to tell them how much better Lake Allatoona is for inboard boating and camping and travel to and from. I was in a Panic towing my boat down Spagetti Junction last year when I bought it.
    As you know it is much closer to an interstate (2 minutes top) so much easier to get to with a fraction of the traffic to deal with unlike Lanier. It is a better skiing lake with all those long narrow coves and it doesn't have all those Monster power boats on it. It has an awesome Campsite, Redtop. It has miles of Natural shoreline without houses with plenty of places to explore. It is no wonder that the Atlanta Ski Club is located on Allatoona. But the problem is Atlanta Marine is located at Lanier and I am sure it is much easier for them to put on a Jamboree in their backyard.

PS I did try to ski once on Lanier but after a couple of minutes I said enough of these Ocean waves!!!

Daze, we could think about Alatoona or someplace for a couple days and trailer over to Lanier for the jam. On the other hand if we are up there during the week the water should be fine.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Daze, we could think about Alatoona or someplace for a couple days and trailer over to Lanier for the jam. On the other hand if we are up there during the week the water should be fine.
    I would not mind hitting Altoona a different time, however i think we would have about a hour and a half drive from Altoona to Lanier. Personally i would just as soon stay at Lanier and leave the boats in the water if thats were the Jamboree is. When i've been on Lanier during the week the water has always been flat calm-typical of any public lake. I dont think anybody would have a hard time skiing then.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

Gentlemen,

I realize that I am a little negative towards lake Lanier but please don't let that make all of those who intend to go to the Jamboree there think poorly of it also. I have heard great stories about last years Jamboree and I have heard that everyone had a great time so please continue with that thought. With the support of Atlanta Marine the Jamboree will be a great time for all as it is the people that go there that make it great!!!!

It was cool to leave the boats in the water at our campsites and just head out to the jam on Sat. If we go up on tues. or wed. we should get plenty of skiing, boarding, surfing, tubing, etc. in before the tidal waves on Sat.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!