Default Lights are flashing on light bar

Hey all,

We went surfing at night last weekend and had a great time. Did not see any alligators so the wife was happy. One question on the tower lights: After 5 min. of being on they started to flash - they would turn off for a few seconds then back on for a few seconds. We would then have to turn them off for 5 minutes to get them to stop flashing. I imagine it is one of two things - they are overheating and shutting down or there is a voltage problem. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks

I am sure that based on the current draw they are powered through a relay. I would find and check to see if the relay is the problem.

Default lights

the problem sounds like the draw is to high so the relay cut out till it cools down and then the lights will come back on. you could split the circit

My lights are on a 30 amp relay. I have 5 77watt fixtures and have not experienced a problem with it. I bout my relays and relay harness on ebay for a few dollars.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Aqua, was the boat you bought advertised on your local Craigslist? If so, you sure got a beautiful one and a great deal to go with it. Congrats!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. I will check that relay.

Kane - We actually found the boat on one of the online boat classifieds. I noticed after that it was posted on this sites classified section. We have been very happy with the boat so far.