Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    adsman, you gave me a idea--i wonder if its possible to remove the built in cooler. i know it would have to be cut out but under it is just the floor of the boat and its allready capeted and place the 400lb bag under the seats. hidden ballast bag is what im after.

you kinda lost me when you said "I place a 400 in the seat behind the cooler and it extends into the rear compartment on top of the 750..." do you happen to have a pic of how this is?
    HOWEVER... i am setup on the goofey side to have a nice open area under the seats for both bags with no obstructions... (too bad im the only goofey rider in my crew and 99% of the time I concede to riding on the correct side)

i attached some photos of the area behind the drivers seat minus the ballast...
    Attached Images Attached Images

You may also think about putting that 400 in the walk-thru for a nice long wake and have all your peeps sit on the surf side.
    Oh and if anyone takes that cooler out I want to see how you do it. take pics!!
    Thanks

This weekend i spent about 4 hrs cleaning the boat and at least 20 minutes looking at that cooler- now i think it would be almost impossible to remove. Its fiberglassed in all the way around it. That would have let me put that 400lb bag under the seats out of sight. Putting it on top of the seats is not a real good option for me.
    Last edited by moombadaze; 01-29-2009 at 09:05 AM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Anybody know if a drimel with a small cutoff wheel could cut thru fiberglass?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Sled491 Guest

Daze, of course it will, just have lots of them as they wear out and break really fast. Also remember a shop vac and face masks for you and your assistant.

the question would now be is the cooler set into any kind of foam insulation that has bonded to the outside of the cooler makeing its removal extremely frusturating

Sled, there is no foam what so ever around it, on a cool day ice melts in a hour-we dont even use it. Ive never used a drimel before--any advise besides mask and gloves? If i do do this and it works the way im thinking nobody would be able to tell that i removed it.
    Last edited by moombadaze; 01-29-2009 at 10:02 AM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

Sled491 Guest

PHEW that's good to know.

On the dremel like I said just buy tonnes of the wheels, and get the fiber ones. They really do break very ofte. To the point of frusturation.

Thanks Sled, if you click on the interior features of the lsv and then click on the star that shows the cooler you can kind see what im talking about. There is allready a finished edge that i would not be touching-this cooler is just held in place from under the seat base and is fully carpeted under there-its fully open front to rear.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

Sled491 Guest

Well then just go for it. Use some masking tape and a marker to make your line, take your time and all should go well. I would PU some of that black trim that just pushes over the edge of the glass after the cut to trim it out nice and proffesional and keep your ballast bags from getting torn up or worse punctured.

Well i went and got a dremil and about 40 cutting wheels, mask, and gogle's. Weather is to be crappy this weekend so im going to give it a try. I'll take some pics as i go along.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold