Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default anybody stack bags

I have a 08 lsv that came with the gravity 3 system--rear bags are 400lb's. I bought a 750lb to use when surfing. What i do right now is just use the bigger bag only for surfing. What im wondering is can i use the 400lb bag using the boat ballast pump and then set the 750lb on top of it and use my tsunami pump to fill it and empty. I would end up with around 1050-1150lbs of surf ballast that way.

Any body see any concerns doing this or any thoughts??
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

doesn't the 750 fill the locker up from top to bottom?
    if so, then why keep the 400 in at all?
    use the other side as a "timer" to fill the 750 the same as the 400 on the other side when boarding. might be a little uneven this way, but people will help that out..
    if you need more weight, use a covered 440 on the seat and strap to the tower.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I dont think you would have enough room in the rear compartment. You could fill the 750 in the rear compartment and then throw the 400 in the seat.

Sled491 Guest

I agree with Roachman

Last time I went to the Lake, we stacked two 400 lb bags. I got a full 800 lbs plus 4 peps on the surf side. It was an awesome wake. Now I need to work on making the wake longer.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roachman View Post
    I dont think you would have enough room in the rear compartment. You could fill the 750 in the rear compartment and then throw the 400 in the seat.
    agree... i have an 07 LSV and the 750Lb sack pretty much fills up the rear compartment. I place a 400 in the seat behind the cooler and it extends into the rear compartment on top of the 750... im guessing i get about 300lb in it for a total of around 1050lbs hidden on the surfside.

I also stuff my other extra 400 in the bow under the seats on the surf side (that will help lengthen your wave) along with the center ballast full ... thats the most ballast ive run with (guess that works out to about 1850lbs)

i think we had the 750 and 400 along the side and the 400 up front in this shot (with 2 people in the boat)
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a pretty strong wake right there, I don't care who you are.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

adsman, you gave me a idea--i wonder if its possible to remove the built in cooler. i know it would have to be cut out but under it is just the floor of the boat and its allready capeted and place the 400lb bag under the seats. hidden ballast bag is what im after.

you kinda lost me when you said "I place a 400 in the seat behind the cooler and it extends into the rear compartment on top of the 750..." do you happen to have a pic of how this is?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    adsman, you gave me a idea--i wonder if its possible to remove the built in cooler. i know it would have to be cut out but under it is just the floor of the boat and its allready capeted and place the 400lb bag under the seats. hidden ballast bag is what im after.

you kinda lost me when you said "I place a 400 in the seat behind the cooler and it extends into the rear compartment on top of the 750..." do you happen to have a pic of how this is?

sorry, no pics of the setup for surfin (once im all filled up, Im too excited to take pics)

I'll try to clarify:

I place the 750 in the rear compartment on the surf side (fill with stock ballast pumps)
    I place the 400 under the seats butted up against the cooler and about 1/3 of the bag extends into the rear compartment with the 750 (sometimes i stack the 750 on top, sometimes the 400 is on top... just depends)... fill with portable Tsunami

I agree with you on 100% hidden ballast.... with this setup, everythign is under the seats
    Its a total bummer that the cooler is in the place that it is... its also too bad that it is not easily removable...regardless, I am happy with the amount of weight i am able to get under the seats and into the rear compartment on the surfside....