Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Reese350 Guest

Default Any lift experts in the group?

I need to buy a lift this year for my LSV. I've cornered a 3 year old 4k lb, DC powered, Hydraulic Shorestation branded lift local to me. Originaly owner with 7 years left on the warranty. I've got them down to $2900 without the canopy. Model number is SS-V40120HDC. Seems like a reasonable deal to me, any thoughts?

Reese - Paid approximately $4,000 for a three-year old, 4,000 pound, manual lift Shorestation with new canopy frame and canopy. Bought the set up from a dealer. We have really appreciated the convenience of having a lift and not trailering the boat. We have an '08 Outback. - Deerfield
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Sled491 Guest

Dude, a 3 yr old Hydrualic lift for 2900 bucks? Killer deal, but make sure you go out and buy the canopy. That lift was about 5k new right?

That's a great deal. i priced a shorestation with canopy and electric lift last year it was about 7500.00. As sled said get the canopy if you can.

Enjoy
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Reese350 Guest

Thanks guys. The dealer said it was $6,800 new 3 years ago. Since we don't have a place on the lake (yet), we have to keep it at a yacht club and we aren't allowed to have canopies. They said it "obstructs the view" for the diners. Otherwise, I would be all over the canopy. Sucks but beats trailering. I'm going to head over this morning and buy it. As always, I appreciate the input guys.

Happy Holidays!

Reese350 Guest

Deerfiled, lift looks great but your boat looks better. I love the color combo. I think that's my next color. Very sharp!

Reese - Found the receipt. The new canopy frame and canvas were $1,849. The used lift was $3,100. Sales tax was additional. Also, I paid the dealer $550 to assemble the canopy and install the lift at our slip. The Shorestation lift model # is SSV40108. Have really enjoyed keeping the boat at the lake and under cover. And yes, we are big on the colors black and red. Glad you like the combination. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

What is the process for winterizing or pulling them out in the winter? I'm hoping to get a boat soon and this is an issue I'm trying to work out. I was thinking about one of those inflatable mat type lifts since they'd be easier to pull out in the winter. We'd be keeping it at a marina so going into the water their to work would best be avoided!

Sled491 Guest

I don't think the mat type will work for a DD or VD boat. How would you keep the prop and rudder from puncturing the mat, there is no tilt and trim.

I leave my lift in the lake for the winter and have been doing so for about 5 years. Depending on how your ice goes out in the spring this may be an option or not

There's a bit of a channel down the center and you have to get a rubber mat that goes over it I believe. Also you put it in neutral before you slide it in.

I've never seen one in person, just read about it. Apparently they work on boats with fins too, although I'd be a little wary that it would put too much stress on the fins.

I'll have to ask the marina about leaving a lift in over the winter. That would be the simple option.