Thread: Dash Lights

Default Dash Lights

Ok I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't seem to find it anywhere in the archives.

Does anyone know where I can buy replacement bulbs for my beede dash gauges?

I want to change the color from green to blue to match the downward facing LEDs on my Roswell bar.
    RIDE: 2002 Moomba Mobius V

TOW VEHICLE: 2002 Chevy Tahoe Z71

SETUP: 2011 142 Slingshot RECOIL 2011 Slingshot RAD Boots

Mine were a basic automotive 194 bulb with a green rubbery slip cover on it.

I swapped them out to blue leds from http://www.superbrightleds.com. Pretty happy with the way they turned out although the tach is a bit dim. I may order a brighter bulb to stick in there. The darked out spot is where my depth gauge is (red backlit unfortunately) and I have no idea how to change that one out since it is an LCD display.

The LEDs were a bit finicky to get a good connection and come on for some reason.

I saw some colored slip covers at Schucks Auto parts recently that would have worked with the basic 194 bulbs.

Good luck!
    Last edited by bergermaister; 12-31-2008 at 03:05 PM.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

So that website has a blue LED bulb that will fit in the same slot as the 194 bulb?

My tach does the same thing.

berge,

Can you tell me where on that site you found the blue LED lights for the dash.

Also did it just fit right in the slot without any modifications?

I think I might have found them but I wanna make sure they fit and you've obviously ordered the right ones.

I ordered the WLED-x-x that are only $1.39 each for the blues. On the tach light I could probably have fit a bigger size - like the WLED-x4 LED that I'm guessing would be a little brighter. In fact you may be able to go with the larger sized x4 all the way around. It could be a little too much though - 7 lumen vs. 3 lumen may be too bright.

If I recall the smaller gauges only take one bulb each but the larger ones might take two? Memory is a bit foggy on that one.

They have a lot of other cool lights there too. I started doing a few hidden interior lights and found the temptation to go crazy with it almost overbearing. Here's a few more.

Planning to add to it this spring when I redo my stereo and add some waterproof under my swim platform, some rear firing underwater spotlights, and a few more interior cabin lights. Maybe a few that shine down from the tower if I have room for the wiring. I can't help it - it's addicting!

-Berg
    Last edited by bergermaister; 12-31-2008 at 03:06 PM.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...