Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reese350 Guest

Default Orlando Watersports Complex

Looks like we'll head to Orlando for Christmas this year and my kids are itching to board. Anyone heard of this place? I'm wondering if the cable pull is worthy? It says they are open in December but I'm wondering how the water would be.

Scott

Reese350 Guest

Cool, thanks Ed. I think we'll give it a try. The boys are going stir crazy with all of our lakes frozen over. I'll let you know how it goes.

I stopped by there in August when I was in the area, I didn't ride but it looked pretty cool. Here are a coupe of pics I snapped while there;

Attached Images Attached Images

Ian - Nice pics! You get around. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Yea, I definately make the rounds. This year I've gone to Chicago (probably 5 times), Orlando, Charlotte, Dallas, San Francisco (twice), Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Tennesee (Moomba factory tour!), and probably a bunch of other places I've forgotten about, lol. I usually go for 'work' but I always try to check out the local boating scene where ever I'm at.

Reese,

You should check out Orlando Wakeboarding Academy. I went there last winter and it was a blast. Sean Obrien is a pro wakeboarder who rides on the tour and his friend Derek is just as awesome. My girlfriend learned to ride from these guys and she has not looked back since. You can buy by sessions and they are very flexible on time. I am going back in February to ride.
    www.orlandowake.com

I'd love to get my girl lessons there... but I don't understand what anyone could possibly learn in 30 min.. what is that instructions and one pull?
    RIDE: 2002 Moomba Mobius V

TOW VEHICLE: 2002 Chevy Tahoe Z71

SETUP: 2011 142 Slingshot RECOIL 2011 Slingshot RAD Boots

With going you are not there for one 30 minute set, you should plan on riding 3 sets in one day until your arms are ready to fall off. Also, the goal is not to teach you inverts in one day but to teach the correct techniques so you can take them home with you and advance. They look at the most basics of your stance to correct edging, handle position and spotting your landing. You learn bad habits riding by yourself and weekend warrior friends and you are litterally learning from the pros.

Reese350 Guest

Thanks for the info and pics guys. We are definately going to hit a couple of these while we're there. I want to try out the cable so that's a must. I'll report out in the new year!

Sled491 Guest

I've spent plenty of hours at the Cable park in Orlando. I would definately make sure you have wetsuits. What I liked best about the place was that you can rent time behind real boats if you want. For me skiing on the cable really sucked, so I switched to 30 min behind there ski boat. Always worked perfect for me.