Default Questions Questions and more Questions

Cover-------So i need a cover for the times I go camping, take it to the dealer etc.....Since I garage my boat i dont feel like spending 750 on a Sunbrella cover, which do you think would be better? A cloudburst or Sharkskin aftermarket for around 350-375 or a factory moomba logo cover for 500. Any Thoughts?

Rain in boat------How bad is it to get the boat rained on foor a few days if say i had to leave it at the dealer without the cover. I doubt I'd ever do that but was wondering....

Service-----I bought my 07 new in 08. At the 20 hour they did not change the tranny and V-drive fluids. I just called up for my 50hour and winterization and again they said they change that at the 100 mark. Does that sound right? At 250 for an oil change im gonna start doing it myself!

San,

Can't help you with the cover. i have the moomba custom cover works great.

bought our 07 in 08, now have 100hrs

I did the oil change at 20 and now it will be changed at 100hrs mark during winterization.

i would have it changed next stop at the dealer, get the metal shavings out and then according to the manual.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Sled491 Guest

You know on the cover thing, one guy once put it to me this way, "it's a boat, they get wet". That being said I'm anal about keeping my boat covered. Under the canopy of my lift the sparrows just kill me with all the poop!

You will find plenty of help here about doing your own oil changes and I agree the price they charge is criminal. Have been doing my own since the 20 hr service.

Tranny fluid at 100 hrs would be fine, but as JV said easiest to just get it out of the way next trip especially if your gonna start doing your own oil changes after that

I bought a Sharksin from www.go2marine.com
    Good price fast shipping good fit and quality works well for me trailers good as well

Oil changes are a easy
    Lead,Follow or get out of my way

San
    Go to WalMart and get a Cheap cover.. less than $100.. It wont fit around your tower but will protect cockpit from sun, poop, and most rain..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

San, I've never worried about covering while camping and such in NorCal, it's a boat and chit happens, in fact i've never had one rained on that i can remember during boating season. If it doesn't get wet overnight it sure will on the lake right?

As for service i did my '07 at 25 hours and again when i winterized at 48 hours. After the initial 20, then once a season will generally suffice for all fluids unless your one of those guys that rides 100-200 hours a season.
    2007 Mobius LSV