Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Talking Well i did it now!

I just sold all six of the cabin Kenwoods, both TMA amps and the Kicker sub in the custom box to a buddy of mine for his '98 Nautique Super Sport.

I ordered the Polk MMC650's for the cabin which are due Monday. I've got a new Kicker zx650.4 amp at 120w rms X 4 channels for the tower JBL 6X9's. And i just ordered a Kicker zx700.5 amp to drive all 6 of the Polks with a D class amp included to run a Polk 12" sub that'll be custom installed in the kick panel.

I've got some ideas for this install that haven't been done so far that i've seen, we'll see if they pan out or not.

Now i have to tell the wife ...
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    I just sold all six of the cabin Kenwoods, both TMA amps and the Kicker sub in the custom box to a buddy of mine for his '98 Nautique Super Sport.

I ordered the Polk MMC650's for the cabin which are due Monday. I've got a new Kicker zx650.4 amp at 120w rms X 4 channels for the tower JBL 6X9's. And i just ordered a Kicker zx700.5 amp to drive all 6 of the Polks with a D class amp included to run a Polk 12" sub that'll be custom installed in the kick panel.

I've got some ideas for this install that haven't been done so far that i've seen, we'll see if they pan out or not.

Now i have to tell the wife ...
    So thats 3 amps total right? just curious about the class d amp? I'm trying to decide if i want to use a 5 channel amp to run the cabin and the sub or if I just wanna get a 3rd amp.
    RIDE: 2002 Moomba Mobius V

TOW VEHICLE: 2002 Chevy Tahoe Z71

SETUP: 2011 142 Slingshot RECOIL 2011 Slingshot RAD Boots

Quote Originally Posted by jclay5 View Post
    So thats 3 amps total right? just curious about the class d amp? I'm trying to decide if i want to use a 5 channel amp to run the cabin and the sub or if I just wanna get a 3rd amp.
    No it's 2 amps, the zx700.5 is a 4 channel class A/B with a dedicated class D amp for the fifth channel. The sweet deal here is that the Class D channel on the 700.5 is exactly like Kickers zx400.1 Class D amp. It's a killer setup that allows you to maximize space and less power drain. Because Moomba's have the batts up front you need all the space you can get.

Here's the specs for zx700.5;

Amplifier Type 5 Channels
    RMS Power (4 ohms) 70 watts x 4 chan. + 210 watts x 1 chan.
    RMS Power (2 ohms) 85 watts x 4 chan. + 420 watts x 1 chan.
    RMS Power (1 ohm) Not Stable
    Bridged RMS Power 130 watts x 2 chan. + 420 watts x 1 chan. (at 2 ohms)
    Peak Power Output N/A
    Min. Impedance Unbridged 2 ohms
    Min. Impedance Bridged 4 ohms
    THD @ Rated RMS Power 1%
    Speaker Level Inputs Yes
    Built-in Crossover Yes - LP/Full/HP
    High-Pass Crossover 50 - 200Hz
    Low-Pass Crossover 50 - 200Hz
    Subsonic Filter N/A
    Signal-to-Noise Ratio 95 dB
    Channel Separation N/A
    Bass Boost 0 - 18dB (subwoofer channel only)
    Bass/Gain Remote Yes (for subwoofer channel only)
    Fan Cooled N/A
    Fuse Rating 30A x 3
    Bass Boost Remote Control: 0 - 18dB at 40Hz
    CEA-2006 Compliant
    24dB per octave Crossover: Active at 50Hz - 200Hz, High Pass, Low Pass, or Full-Pass selectable
    Dimensions: 20"L x 9 5/8"W x 2 1/8"H
    Last edited by Razzman; 12-04-2008 at 07:11 PM.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Razz, can't wait to see it.

I put the 10" in the kick panel (barely fit) but your kick panel is talller. I looked at the mx 700.5 kicker (awesome amps) I went with a 6 channel jl to really save space (one amp) . sounds like it will be a killer system good luck and can't wait to see the pics.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Razz,
    What do you do with the other two speakers in the cabin? just hook them up to the head unit? This thread works out good for me b/c I've been trying to figure out the best way to do it this way for a while now.

Razz,
    What do you do with the other two speakers in the cabin? just hook them up to the head unit? This thread works out good for me b/c I've been trying to figure out the best way to do it this way for a while now.
    You wire the port (left two) cabin speakers together in parallel and hook them up to CH 1, do the same for the starboard cabin pair to CH 2. Then hook up the bow speakers to CHs 3 & 4. Your cabin four will be running at 2ohms and at a larger wattage but as long as your running a 2ohm stable amp and not pushing the wattage for your gear you'll be just fine.

That's the same method most shops use and most use it to run 4 tower speakers on a two channel amp.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Cool, now where can I get a slammin deal on that 5 channel kicker amp?

Right here, authorized Internet dealer so you have a warrenty. Mind you these are Factory Refurbs. I have talked with Kicker themselves and yes they are fully warrented by them.

Kicker ZX700.5 5 Channel Factory Refurbished Amplifier
    2007 Mobius LSV

Cool, I'm all about factory refurbs... My Pioneer in dash nav in my car is a factory refurb and I've never had a problem.

Thanks for the info.

Cool, I'm all about factory refurbs... My Pioneer in dash nav in my car is a factory refurb and I've never had a problem.

Thanks for the info.
    As am I, never had any probs with factory refurbs either.
    2007 Mobius LSV