Thread: 2009 Ballast

Default 2009 Ballast

Why is the 09 ballast 300 x faster? Do they have different pumps or fatter hoses? Is this something that yall think can be upgraded on an 06?

I figured as much...I was hoping maybe they could just switch the pumps out. I wouldn't mind the speed if my pumps would work half the time...

Thanks ED, and your surf wake looks great!

It's not the easiest job to swap the pumps but its not terrible either. We did this in my buddies boat using Simer pumps. Because the pumps are reversable you will likely need to get new switches or rewire the ones you have and you will need some new fittings, you can usually find the right ones at fatsac.com

When we redid my buddies boat we switched the system to fill and drain through the bottom, you still need the above water through hulls for the vent lines.

You should try filling three 1,100 lbs bags with the old system, all at once! UGG!!!!!!!!!!
    Texas is a Great Country!

2008 XLV 1100# sacks X3! Whooya!

Ed--
    I looked at my pumps the other day. I also want to upgrade the fill system. My question is, "How many intakes to you have for your ballast system?" When I went uner the boat, I saw that I have only one intake. It goes through a shut off valve then to the lawn sprinkler valves, then to the bags. I would love to eliminate this system. The other thing I saw was on www.wakeside.com. It is a new Tsunami pump. If I am not mistaken, it pumps 1200 gallons per minute. I know that there are a few mods that you need to do to make it fit.

Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

wakeside also has the Jabsco Wakeboard Ballast Puppy Reversible Pump that are in the 2009.

Ed-
    Can you take a picture of your set up in the engine compartment and under the boat. I thisnk that I may convert my boat while she is in the garage. I really want to remove the lawn sprinkler system. A little tired of waiting for the bags to fill.
    Thanks
    Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings

Thanks ED for the pictures. I could be wrong but it looks like you have one intake for the three pumps on the bottom of the boat. If so, I could use the existing intake and replumb my system without making any exra holes.
    Tazz

Thanks again Ed. I know what I need to do now. Time to contact the dealer and order some stuff. I will take pictures of the install as it goes.. Again, thanks for all your help.
    Tazz