Default Perfect Pass or Throttle issues?

I'm new to inboards (at least new to owning one), and new to Perfect Pass. We got a 2005 Mobius LSV this weekend, and ran into a problem on the water that I'm hoping is just my inexperience.

We were just cruising around between 20 and 25 mph just to check things out, and everything was perfect. Then we throttled it some more, and it basically went back to idling speed. After that, idle was about as fast as it would go no matter what we did. Perfect Pass was off the entire time (display was on, but PP set to Off), so I didn't think it would have anything to do with that.

We trailered the boat, but then decided to try it one more time. Everything seemed perfect again cruising around, until we tried to throttle it a little more again. Once again, idle was pretty much our fastest speed after that. I've read some posts that make this sound like it could be a Perfect Pass problem, maybe the servo is loose or something. Can PP be a problem even if it's off? Anyone ever run into anything like this? The engine still sounded fine... didn't bog down or anything like that.

Thanks in advance!

CSM,

I had some other business with Perfect Pass today and I read him your post. He said it most definetly sounds like a PP problem with the servo. The servo is energized even when the system is off. The problem probably is not the servo itself but more then likely a wiring connection. If you call them he can walk you through some trouble shooting. www.perfectpass.com ask for Aaron.

Thanks RobertJ - I'll do that once the weather gets a little better later this week.

For a quick check, find the wiring harness near the PP servo, unplug it and see if the problem disappears. I had a problem with the boat dying at idle and not wanting to restart my last time out this year. Everything else seemed fine so I unplugged PP and sure enough it took care of the problem.