Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Center Sundeck Latch Coming Loose

I couldnt find the post about the latch coming loose so I started a new thread. I found the problem with this today and fixed it. For the boat owners out thier, before this becomes a issue you may want to change this yourself. Just loosen the bottom nut on the latch , if its still thier and remove the 1st star washer and replace it with a 3/8 lock washer.What i found was even if the nut feels tight you can move the latch back and forth very little and it breaks the nuts loose. So by adding a 3/8 lock washer this will not break loose. Hope this info helps out someone, if not sorry i wasted your time reading this post.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gene View Post
    if not sorry i wasted your time reading this post.
    You shouldn't feel bad about wasting our time with odd or unusual posts, that is what butta is for (where has he been lately)!! You obviously haven't read some of Ed's posts that were done after ambien and Yeungling or my post about the killer lawn mower that almost ruined one of my precious beers.

Thanks for the fix it post. I am sure there are a lot of people that will go check the latches now.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Thats what Im here for to help, or make it worse:

Shoot, I'm going to go buy one of them boats just so I can do the fix.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

It's gonna be a while, Ed. I'd probably go bigger before I'd go a whole lot newer. But I'd have a garage issue then too. College is looming as well.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I'm raising scholarship types anyway (or hello junior college!).
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

kane - Absolutely on the junior college thing. The money saved will be significant. In the end a guy or gal has the same diploma as everyone else in a graduating class but a smaller or no debt load. My middle son who is in his junior year at De Paul University regrets not going this route. The four-year total cost will be approximately $130,000. If he had opted for the first two years at a junior college, the cost would be about half this amount. Lots of stigma in our community about the junior college route. But I give the junior college option an A+. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Well Ed I think that will hold for a while, but just to be sure I would go ahead and tack weld it, you just never know... just kidding glad to help...

We need all the help we can get, come on. Make sure when you tig weld that baby to cover up her butt, you know how her gases are strong . There she blowsssss!!!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gene View Post
    I if not sorry i wasted your time reading this post.
    Gene:
    Definitely not a waste of time! My latch is sitting on the desk by my computer at home. It fell off sometime this summer and I never put it back on. Now I know what to do so it won't fall off again!
    Thanks!
    2007 LSV - All red
    Wetsounds PRO 80's WS420 Eq
    Acme 1433