Default Would You Ride a Darin Shapiro autographed board??

My son won a new, Darin Shapiro autographed O'Brien 136 Demented board from Wakeboard Magazine for his letter of the month (Feb 2004 issue). I know nothing about boards, but it sure looks cool. Anyway, my son is in a quandry about whether he should ride it or preserve the "Daniel, Keep on riding - Darin Shapiro". What would you do??

BTW, if you saw the letter - it worked. We just bought a 2004 Mobius LSV.
    Shoe

Ride it! I bought a new 2001 Byerly signed by about 10 pros at Nationals. Parks, Law, Murry, ect. Is it worth 2x more than a 2004 unsigned? No its just a cool old boad and not worth $200 today. Im glad I started to ride mine the first year. Ride it. You maybe able to ride with someone else cool and they can sign it too. 2 weeks ago, my daughter and I got to teach a pro wakeboarder to snowboard so I gave here the sharpie when we wakeboarderd the next day. You gotta ride it. Good Luck.

Keep it and get his dad buy him a new demented that he can ride! Seriously it would be cool to ride it now but in 5-10 yrs you will regret it

Hey how about posting the letter?

Keep It...

An autographed board from the best rider ever imho...

Congratulations to your son on getting his letter selected. Will read in next issue.

thanks

Default The WBM Letter

As requested, here is my son's letter with the magazine's response:

I love wakeboarding. I picked it up around the beginning of July and was absolutely hooked. I learned how to wakeboard at a camp called Executive Watersports on Lake Austin. One of the instructors there was Billy North, a rider on the 2003 Vans Triple Crown tour. The downside is that I don't have a boat. I have tried surfing, snowboarding, snow skiing, skateboarding and I have finally found a true love, but I never get to do it. my parents say they don't want a boat and I don't know anyone with a boat. The last time I jumped the wake was in mid-July, 2 1/2 months ago! I was hoping that maybe WBM could write a letter to my parents to try and persuade them to buy a boat. It would be awesome if you could do this for me. I put in a subscription form a few weeks ago and I am eagerly waiting for the magazine every day. Peace. Thanks. Daniel Shoemaker.

response:

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Shoemaker,
    We think it'd be in the best interests of Daniel and yourselves to buy a boat. If you neglect Daniel's attempt to reach out and spend more family time, he is likely to spiral downward into a world of isolation, drugs and alcohol in the angst of being a teenager. Would you really want to feel responsible for this? Help Daniel, help yourselves and help your relationship. Encourage him to pursue his true love and support the cause: Buy a boat.
    Sincerely,
    The Staff at Wake Boarding Magazine
    WBM - bringing families together since 1993.
    Shoe

No way hang it on a wall buy him one that he can pick out for himself something that he likes

Default Replying to Topic 'Would You Ride a Darin Shapiro autographe

In the link below, look in the Wakeboarding album - we took a couple pictures of the autographed board and our boat - that's my son with his board.

http://community.webshots.com/user/garyshoe
    Shoe

Default Replying to Topic 'Would You Ride a Darin Shapiro autographe

hell no i wouldn't ride it that is to valuable of a board to ride