Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Great pictures - that helps a lot.

I'll have to climb back under and see if I can work out something to attach to the vent ducts and/or rubrail. Unless you can tell me where to find aerospace adhesive Razzman!

My boat is the older style with both batteries in the rear, as far back as you can go. It looks like my amp power block needs to be wired into the battery switch as opposed to one battery or the other. I'll have to figure out how that works. Then flipping the switch I can have the stereo run off one battery, the other or both. (same thing with the ignition).

If I remember correctly, a few years ago when I brought it into the dealer to have the dual batteries hooked up they were telling me you can flip it over to (1) and run your stereo all day long sitting on the beach without worries (unless you totally drain it). End of the day, flip it over to (Both) or (2), fire up and drive home. No worries about having a dead battery and being stuck on the water. That sound right?

Maybe will post some pictures of the before (getting advice), during (the mess), and after (the success). May also have to line out my plan of attack with components I've selected and get some feedback.

Thanks guys.
    Here's where to get the stand offs & adhesives. http://www.theflightshop.com/Cataspx2.html Click Bond is the product, search the web and you'll undoubtedly find more sources for it.

I would not connect the stereo so that you can switch between batts to run it, unless you want to in a situation where you have NO battery to start the boat some day. Instead i'd run a system such as Blue Seas 7610 ACR SI which charges the batts and isolates the stereo batt when off.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Default The Winter (okay almost Spring) project finally kicks off!

So the UPS man finally arrived today - it was like Christmas all over again. We shared a moment in the driveway before he left. It was beautiful man....

So here's the setup for the stereo project:
    Clarion M475 deck (already installed)
    Polk Audio MM651UM cabin speakers x4 powered by a Kicker 350.4 amp at 4 ohm
    Polk Audio MM2124 12" sub powered by a Kicker 750.1 amp at 4 ohm
    Liquid Audio Sounds Polk Audio MM651UM doubles (not pictured) powered by a Kicker 350.2 amp at 2 ohm
    Two Clarion CMRC1-SB LCD remotes - one for the driver, one for the swim deck

Looks like I'm going to have to build a custom sub box (along with my amp rack - thanks "Burke" for the great photos and details on your build in 2007) as I got a little over zealous with my measurements and there's no way in hell the Bass Slammer ported sub box I bought is going to fit under the drivers console...

I'll have to stick that in my wife's car with another 12" sub - I'm sure she wont' mind!

So I still need to get some wiring, amp power blocks, fuses, relay, etc. but the Winter, I mean SPRING, stereo project is finally ready to kick off!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Wow that looks like alot of fun. All sorts of toys. Good luck with the project.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Goto www.audioformz.com for your sub encloser.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

One little thing that I'd think about doing if I was setting up that system would be to wire an inline switch to the remote turn on wire for the amp that powers the interior speakers. I really like being able to kill the interior speakers and run just the sub and tower speakers. That way when we're pulling someone, we can turn the towers up loud enough that they can hear but it's not deafening for everyone in the boat.

Use the Pac lc1 and some RCA cable to control the amp.Its a snap.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5260_PAC+LC1.html
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Thanks JM-- I have been looking for something like this for a long time now.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Default Liquid Audio Tower Speaker Doubles - wiring with crossovers?

Okay, hit the brakes on the tower speakers.... I've been waiting to jump on an eBay auction for the Polk MM651 doubles in polished cans from Liquid Audio Sounds but after installing the other MM651's in the boat I'm wondering - what about the crossovers?

Each speaker has an external/in-line crossover with separate wire connections for the main speaker and tweeter. LAS told me their speaker doubles are wired in parallel so they are running at 2ohm off the single speaker wire posts. But that's what got me.

What about the crossovers? Are they buried in the cans somewhere or did LAS opt to bypass the connection of the tweeters? If the crossovers are not in the cans then I'm thinking there would need to be two sets of speaker wire posts - one for the mids and one for the tweeters, with the crossovers buried down in the boat somewhere in-line before getting connected to the amp.

Anyone out there own the LAS doubles with Polk Audio MM651's - how is yours setup? I need to get more details before I chunk down a few hundred bucks on these babies. I've also contacted LAS directly (just earlier tonight) but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks!
    Berg
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

If you are buying them already assembled in the cans then the cross overs should be secured in the can. If not you with have to secured them with some type of packing and tape in the can as not to rattle. it looks like the liquid audio doubles have the polk mm650 with the tweeter in the middle (meaning two way sepeakers vs seperates)and should be packed properly and pre wired at 2 ohms. The new polk um651 have the crossover mounted directly to the back of the speaker, therefore no tape but are pricier.

my .02
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by lowdrag View Post
    One little thing that I'd think about doing if I was setting up that system would be to wire an inline switch to the remote turn on wire for the amp that powers the interior speakers. I really like being able to kill the interior speakers and run just the sub and tower speakers. That way when we're pulling someone, we can turn the towers up loud enough that they can hear but it's not deafening for everyone in the boat.
    I am wanting to do this as well, but I also want a separate amp for the tower + sub. I'm running the factory '07 LSV dual battery, sub, and std tower speakers. The amp is now powering the sub + 4 rear + 2 tower and the head runs the 2 in the bow. Any recommendations on an amp? Also what is the best combo to double up on an amp? I assume the tower + sub?