Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Moomba Hauler

Hey Everyone!

I got a new Grey Whale!!! No just kidding!!!! However we do have a new Moomba Hauler! Got tired of the Silverado jumping in and out of 3rd and 4th gear while towing between 60 & 65mph. And MrsZ and the kids got tired of the Extended Cab suicide doors. While the Chevy was very faithful and never gave a single problem after 113k miles we decided to find a new Moomba Hauler for all the Jamborees we plan to attend next year. We have pulled the LS a few miles and I didn't know it was behind us! So here are the pics!!!!! The Touareg Boards call them T-Regs and with 310hp and 550ft-lbs of torque you can understand why!

21mpg towing and is also a great Ski boat engine according to a Nationally Well known Ski Boat Company!

Sweet tow vehicle!

I'll be keeping my 4 door Silverado, but the wife's Sequoia lease is up next spring so we'll be checking one of these beasts out.

I've seen one of those before somewhere. Only the one I saw wasn't nearly that clean.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

You should see her now! I took her offroading on Saturday after all that rain we got on Friday. Actually I was taking my daughter to a friends house but they live way out in the woods on a dirt (OK sand) road the logging trucks use also! Yep it was fun!

Whats the towing capacity on that?

m of the z clan--much better avatar picture
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

The towing capacity is 7700lbs for the Touareg, which is greater than any of the other Euro SUV's.

Stacy,

Thanks, the old one was a "Proline" and the new one is a "Moomba".

Sled491 Guest

Z, Great looking ride! I'm with Daze as well, like the new Avatar.

Z... diesel?
    2007 LSV - All red
    Wetsounds PRO 80's WS420 Eq
    Acme 1433

GT,

Yes it is a V-10 5.0 Liter TDI Diesel.

My wife bought a Jetta TDI Diesel in 06 and we have fallen in love with the TDI's. She gets 41mpg and she is a lead foot. I mean she gets 41mpg on the highway, in the city, everywhere it is always 41mpg. We both wanted a new tow vehicle and after I read that the VW Touareg also came with a Diesel we both knew it had to be a VW Touareg. The Porsche Cayanne is built on the same chassis and they are made on the same assembly line. I mean this thing has Brembo 6 piston front calipers and 4 piston rears on Huge vented rotors front and rear. You can see where Porsche had the final say in the design and almost all the parts interchange. And now I can say I got a Twin Turbo!!!"
    Last edited by zegm; 10-30-2008 at 09:33 PM.