WIX 51069

Impeller is Johnson 812 or 812B
    http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RP061018
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    ummm, just in case I do, when will you be posting the reverse process?

Ed, just flip your monitor over and read from top to bottom. Should work.

Don't forget to disconnect your battery. No reason to allow a slow drain when your boat is not in use.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Quote Originally Posted by jclay5 View Post
    Cab,

Are 5 nuts the same size? or do you label them and put them in different bags?

Careful with this one! Even though the bolt/plug threads look the same, they are not!!! The ones in the engine block have a hexagonal head with TAPERED threading. The V-Drive plugs have a square head with standard threading(correction, I think they are just less tapered than the engine ones). I got them backwards one year and the V-Drive bolts will not go into the engine water jacket very far. All you will get is about two threads in and they stop. Be careful putting the correct ones back in, it is really simple to remember which ones go where.

Hexagonal - engine water jacket
    Square - V-drive
    Last edited by JesseC; 10-29-2008 at 01:50 PM.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Quote Originally Posted by JesseC View Post
    Careful with this one! Even though the bolt/plug threads look the same, they are not!!! The ones in the engine block have a hexagonal head with TAPERED threading. The V-Drive plugs have a square head with standard threading(correction, I think they are just less tapered than the engine ones). I got them backwards one year and the V-Drive bolts will not go into the engine water jacket very far. All you will get is about two threads in and they stop. Be careful putting the correct ones back in, it is really simple to remember which ones go where.

Hexagonal - engine water jacket
    Square - V-drive
    Jesse,

Thanks for pointing that out. I thought that they are different sizes but maybe not.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by pnichol080 View Post
    Does anyone know the Napa part number for the oil filter, and impeller? I have the 325 Indmar.
    The impeller part number is in my post: 09-812B-1 and it's for a Johnson pump.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Remember if you have the 340HP with the EXT/CAT exhaust do not fog the engine. The fogging oil is not good for the CAT's. It is recommended to pull each spark plug and spray a small amount of oil in each.

Cab For President!!!!!

Second....
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

Okay, so I love Cab's new and improved version. This is the 3rd year I've done my own winterization, but NO one (dealer, friends, etc) ever told me about the drain in the port muffler. I took A LOT of water out of that.

I did have an interesting (read: SCARY) experience though, and was hoping some of you more mechanically inclined could help me out. I removed the starboard engine block drain plug with no issues. I then went to the port side, and if you've done this, you know what I mean, the plug is kinda in an awkward place, you are crunched up in the rear compartment and so I just reached down with my socket wrench to 'feel' for the plug. Much to my surprise (and shortly thereafter fear), an enormous amount of sparks came flying up at me from the wrench!!! If there had been any gasoline fumes, I might be toast right now. The key was not even in the boat, nothing was turned on...but I had not disconnected the battery yet. I will now do that 1st every year...but my last step was to always take the battery out previously, and I've never had this happen. It really looked like I was arc-welding (my 9/16 socket left some of its 'silver' on the brass plug. It reallly cranked it. Anyway, just thought I'd get that out there so any other newbies like me stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Dead,

You're welcome - that's exactly why I did it, hoping to be able to help someone like you.

csmk,

Thanks. I know you are a seasoned vet at this so please review it to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Thanks,

Al
    Thanks again, Al. Your directions were spot on accurate. I had no trouble at all winterizing today. I didn't get my oil hot enough, so the oil extraction took awhile, but other than that it went great. I was using a 'portable lake' for cooling - I don't like to run the engine too long when I use it - I never feel like it's getting enough water, although it probably is.

One thing I didn't do was remove the impeller. Is that going to be an issue? The Moomba dealer never removed it on previous winterizations.

Would also like to give kudos to Overtons for shipping my winterization supplies immediately. Great service - had all my stuff in three days via UPS ground.

By the way, I reformatted your directions into a word doc that I'm keeping with my boat documents. Worth it's weight in gold! You rule!

Dead