Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Dead,

You're welcome - that's exactly why I did it, hoping to be able to help someone like you.

csmk,

Thanks. I know you are a seasoned vet at this so please review it to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Thanks,

Al
    Cab,

Are 5 nuts the same size? or do you label them and put them in different bags?
    RIDE: 2002 Moomba Mobius V

TOW VEHICLE: 2002 Chevy Tahoe Z71

SETUP: 2011 142 Slingshot RECOIL 2011 Slingshot RAD Boots

Quote Originally Posted by 98outback View Post
    On the port side of my boat i have a knock sensor instead of a drain plug. Do i just take this off to drain the water? Also does anyone know what size wrench i will need. This has the vortec 350 fuel injected engine. Thanks
    I honestly don't know. Sorry.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by choard View Post
    I used your first posting guide to winterize my boat but with the pictures this is probably the best post I have seen!

One trouble I am having is removing the impeller, i'll have to get those needle nose vise-grips. other boats i have had the impeller slid right out?

Anyways thank-you.
    choard,

I think my first posting guide had you removing a third water pump hose that didn't exist. I've since edited that post.

Once I removed the impeller cover and the hoses to the water pump, I liberally sprayed the impeller with silicone lubricant. I did this after I removed all the plugs and sprayed it with fogging oil. Then I hit the starter to spin the engine briefly. This lubricates the impeller and the housing and makes it a little easier to pull out the impeller.

Be gentle with the needle nose vise-grips - you don't want to actually "lock" them on the impeller or if you do, make sure you don't put too much pressure on the impeller. The fact that the jaws stays parellel means it has lots of gripping surface so you don't have to squeeze it that tight.

Good luck.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by jclay5 View Post
    Cab,

Are 5 nuts the same size? or do you label them and put them in different bags?
    The two block plugs have a hex head and the two v-drive plugs have a square head. They are NOT interchangeable. The muffler plug looks completely different than either.

Al
    Last edited by cab13367; 11-02-2008 at 08:05 PM.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by csmsk View Post
    Should be no reason for antifreeze if you get the water out.
    csmsk is right - either replace the water with anti-freeze, or drain the water. You don't need to do both.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    csmsk is right - either replace the water with anti-freeze, or drain the water. You don't need to do both.
    So wouldn't it just be easier to replace the water with antifreeze rather than pulling all the plugs out? Is one way better than the other>?
    RIDE: 2002 Moomba Mobius V

TOW VEHICLE: 2002 Chevy Tahoe Z71

SETUP: 2011 142 Slingshot RECOIL 2011 Slingshot RAD Boots

Quote Originally Posted by jclay5 View Post
    So wouldn't it just be easier to replace the water with antifreeze rather than pulling all the plugs out? Is one way better than the other>?
    I don't know, I've never done it the other way. How would you go about replacing all the water with anti-freeze and making sure that you got all the water out? Then you've got to properly dispose of the anti-freeze in the spring. Removing the plugs and disconnecting the hoses really does not take that much time, maybe 15-20 minutes total. It's just 5 plugs and 4 hoses.

I'd be interested to hear the procedure for replacing the water with anti-freeze though.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Lightbulb Details

Very nice bro! But I'd like to add one small item, HEATER anyone? Dont forget to blow out your heater lines and core out with compressed air. I could not find a drain for my heater core on my 2008 lsv. If anyone knows please post! I must say best post I've seen!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluepilot View Post
    Very nice bro! But I'd like to add one small item, HEATER anyone? Dont forget to blow out your heater lines and core out with compressed air. I could not find a drain for my heater core on my 2008 lsv. If anyone knows please post! I must say best post I've seen!
    Bluepilot,

Thanks, and good point. I don't have a heater in my boat (yet) so I don't have to worry about it

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Does anyone know the Napa part number for the oil filter, and impeller? I have the 325 Indmar.