Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by futuredeadguy View Post
    The most useful and timely information I've found on the web in years.

Freeze is coming to Nashville this week and when I called the guy who always does my winterizing today, his phone has been disconnected and his web site is gone as well (Anyone know what happened to Ski Hut? - probably posted here somewhere - will check around).

I rigged up a temporary compartment heater with a couple 60 watt bulbs to get me through 'til my winterizing supplies get here.

Now that I have some decent instructions, this will never happen to me again.

Thank You!

Dead

Dead,

Just to be sure, you could remove then re-install just the block plugs to make sure you don't crack your block in case something happens to your lights or if they don't do the trick. It will only take you a few minutes and could potentially save you thousands of dollars.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Thank you SOOO much for the pics! This clears up a lot of questions!

I have one more question tho; I have a direct drive, does that mean i don't have to drain anything else since I am skipping the "v-drive" part?
    sushi sushi!

Default gas

With the new ethanol i have heard different things about storing for the winter.

Cab

Did you fill your tank completly or did you drain it? WHats your opinion on this.

dude, thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by poohlvhun View Post
    Thank you SOOO much for the pics! This clears up a lot of questions!

I have one more question tho; I have a direct drive, does that mean i don't have to drain anything else since I am skipping the "v-drive" part?
    I think so but you might call your dealer service guy just to make sure. I've never even seen the engine bay of a direct drive so I don't know for sure.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by 98outback View Post
    With the new ethanol i have heard different things about storing for the winter.

Cab

Did you fill your tank completly or did you drain it? WHats your opinion on this.
    I filled it completely. I put the Stabil in before filling up the tank then ran the boat 15 minutes on a body of water to make sure the Stabil is thouroughly mixed in with the fuel. I have always put my boats away for winter with Stabil and a full tank and have never had a problem come spring.

Besides, I am pretty sure that with the recent drop in gas prices, filling up now is going to cost me a lot less than filling up in the spring!
    Last edited by cab13367; 10-28-2008 at 02:58 PM.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by liquidlite View Post
    dude, thank you so much!
    Dude, you're welcome!
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Default knock sensor

On the port side of my boat i have a knock sensor instead of a drain plug. Do i just take this off to drain the water? Also does anyone know what size wrench i will need. This has the vortec 350 fuel injected engine. Thanks

Default winterize

nicely done.

Default impeller

I used your first posting guide to winterize my boat but with the pictures this is probably the best post I have seen!

One trouble I am having is removing the impeller, i'll have to get those needle nose vise-grips. other boats i have had the impeller slid right out?

Anyways thank-you.
    2007 Moomba XLV Gravity Games