Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My dealer is going out of business

So my dealer appears to be a casualty of the recession and is shutting down (Island Marine – Southern California). I emailed Moomba customer service about a week ago about what my options are for service and warranty work going forward and if they plan to support a new dealer in the Los Angeles area anytime soon, but I have not heard anything back.

Any southern California locals with experience with closest nearby dealers (San Diego?)
    Does anybody have experience with doing servicing and warranty work with a dealer you DID NOT buy your boat from? I feel like I’ve lost a lot of leverage by not having my original dealer there for me.

My Centurion dealer lost his dealership. Matter of fact, he knew about it 3 months before I finally bought the boat (found out later from someone else). The reason I bought local was to have that good dealer support. I could have gone out of state and bought for $4-6k cheaper. Leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

BUT, I did contact my regional boat rep for the company and they backed me up and forwarded me to the nearest dealer to take care of me. Matter of fact, 6 months later a local shop picked up the brand and I feel much better about service. Worked out for the better. My travel time is down from 60miles to 10miles for service. While I was without a dealership for a few months, they forwarded me to a local certified mechanic should I have any engine probs.

I'm sure SC will take care of you. Contact the regional rep and tell them to make a phone call to your nearest dealer and give them a heads up that you need to be taken care of. SC is very good to work with.

we bought ours from alpinehouse marine in spokane washington, 400 miles away. had a bad sales experience at our local dealership with the salesman being an ass. he was gone a few months later.
    I have nothing but good things to say about the service at idaho watersports, our local dealer. they stepped right up and have helped us through many problems(bought a skiers choice demo, big mistake) and have treated us like we bought the boat from them. I believe that they view us as potential future customers as we outgrow the boat.

I would find the new local dealer and pay a visit on a slow weekday. find the shop and meet the manager, maybe bs with a couple of the salesmen. bet they'll take care of ya.

Ed, was island marine the dealer that held the big jamboree out west?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

We lost both the southern & northern Cal dealers this year. liquid Wrenches in Livermore picked up the NorCal dealership. I had them do my winterization last week and can say they did a great job without issues at all and turned it around in four hours for $223 total for a Vdrive to include all fluids and blowing out all water in all lines.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    yes Stacy! They were located in Corona and sponsored the Lake Havasu event. Shocker.
    Doesn't suprise me at all Ed, SoCal is one of the "regions of excess" and has been hit hard all the economy mess. Island Marine did say that they might open a service only center. In fact in the last two weeks one of the largest dealers on the west coast, Cope & McPheteres has filed Chapter 11 and is shutting down most if not all stores! This includes Ultimate Watersports in Livermore, a highly respected Malibu dealer. The NorCal Mastercraft dealer is in serious trouble and expected to close anytime now as well. That leaves the Tigé dealer and Liquid Wrenches (Moomba/Supra) as the last standing in NorCal bay area pretty much. I seriously doubt the Tigé dealer can last through the year either imo. Sad times for the boat industry.

Oddly enough a new boat company, Axis Wake is expected to debut around the first of the year with new entry point wakeboats that don't look entry (whatever that means). Under the same parent company as Malibu, some are speculating that they are trying to help keep Malibu afloat during lean times. Who knows but it does seem odd.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Amen Ed It's sad to see this happening to the industry. The real sad thing is all the good people loosing their jobs. I have faith that they'll be back when things turn around though.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Island marine was our only option in So.Cal.My main concern is warranty on items that did not come on my boat from the factory.
    Has anyone heard who is going to take over?Maybe California skier in Elsinore,They are a Mastercraft dealer but at least Indmar certified.Whatever happens I hope WE(Moomba owners)don't get shoved on to the back burner!

I also bought my '07 LSV from Delta Sport Boats in Nor-Cal like Razzman. A few weeks ago, SC sent me a note stating that Liquid Wrenches in Livermore will be taking over my warranty and gave me a $20 coupon for them. I haven't heard any good things about them, and I'm kinda hoping I don't need to find out. I do all my own fluids and winterizations, so hopefully I don't need to bring her to the shop any time soon.

RAZZMAN - You winterized already!?!? Our last trip out is usually Thanksgiving day. We've still got plenty of play time!
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

The nearest dealer appear to be ETCO Marine Inc in Visalia (about 200 miles) . . . that’s not going to work. I have to believe they should be able to get some dealer to service the Southern California market, but it’s very disconcerting that they haven’t followed up to my note. I guess I'll start calling them.