Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default What hobbies do you have during fall/winter?

I was wondering what all of you guys/gals do during the cooler months of the year. During Fall we enjoy riding motocross tracks and trail rides on the bikes and in the winter we will head to Breckenridge and go skiing and snowboarding.

So what are the rest of you doing???

15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Smile

In Dallas we can pretty much board yeararound with the aid of a dry suit. The really cold temps here only last about a month anyway. Other than that I'm just a 35 year old kid cuz I still skateboard every week.
    GO BIG OR GO HOME!

all the yard/house work that didnt get done the other 10 months of the year and usually only have to mow the grass once ever 2 months instead on once a week.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Well I'm an avid cyclist, but one wouldn't know that b/c I wakeboard all srping and summer instead of training for races now. I'm acutally in my best shape in the winter b/c I cycle so much more, which is the oppsitite for my cycling buddies and my teammates.

But without a doubt my biggest sport is snow skiing this will be my 18th season I usually go out west once or twice a year ( got a honeymoon I'm saving up for next summer so it looks like out west skiing is out for a season) and I make it up to snowshoe in WV once or twice a year. Other than that I stick around to NC skiing. These past couple years I've been a ski instructor on the weekends, but I have no time for that anymore, plus it costs me money to do it.

Ed if the water stayed 68 degrees here I would no doubt wakeboard alll year around, heck I was out last night and the water temp was 71 and the air temp was 63 I thought it felt great!

I also do this kinda cycling from time to time..

Last edited by jclay5; 10-22-2008 at 11:05 AM.
    RIDE: 2002 Moomba Mobius V

TOW VEHICLE: 2002 Chevy Tahoe Z71

SETUP: 2011 142 Slingshot RECOIL 2011 Slingshot RAD Boots

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    Snowshoe! Man that brings back memories. I used to Live in Bethel Park, Pa and snowshoe was only a little more than an hours drive from my house. During winter breaks from college, I worked as a ski salesman for Willi's ski shop and always had an annual pass to Seven Springs. If you have never been there, it's sorta worth a trip.

Of course compared to the skiing out west, all the Pa and WVa ski areas are just bunny slopes.
    I've never been to seven springs I will look it up, as far as snowshoe is concerned its cheap and an 8 hour drive for some decent east coast skiing. As far as west coast nothing compares my dream is to get to Whistler I most say.
    RIDE: 2002 Moomba Mobius V

TOW VEHICLE: 2002 Chevy Tahoe Z71

SETUP: 2011 142 Slingshot RECOIL 2011 Slingshot RAD Boots

I like to snowboard in the winter, although I haven't been able to get out as much in the recent last few years as I did when I was in college. I used to ride almost every day (season pass and campus ~15 minutes away from the hill!), now I'll usually get out 2 or 3 times a month, if I'm lucky.

In the winter I also try to get stuff done around my house, although that doesn't happen much anyway.

My dad runs Autorama/World of Wheels, and Chevy Vettefest car shows, so I like to try to get to as many of those shows as possible on the weekends, always fun.

I watch football with my brothers and do house projects. This winter I'm going to paint the 2 story house and put a roof on. I want to get some hiking and biking going this fall/winter. Then we start getting our girls ready for softball season-- practice starts here in Feb. and the season is over by Memorial Day which is good for summer boating.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I play ice hockey year round and also coach my son's hockey team. Right now, I am on the ice 5 times a week between playing and coaching.

I also play basketball once a week throughout the school year (Sep - June).

When I lived in Colorado (2 years ago), my son and I would get 20 - 25 days of skiing and snowboarding in every winter. We have a place in the mountains. Still have it but it's now a rental property. I haven't gotten up to Mt Hood much since I moved to Portland two years ago but will try to more this year. It will be tough with my son's hockey games and practices on the weekends.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

snow skiing, and finishing projects ast the lake house.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jclay5 View Post
    I've never been to seven springs I will look it up, as far as snowshoe is concerned its cheap and an 8 hour drive for some decent east coast skiing. As far as west coast nothing compares my dream is to get to Whistler I most say.

Man I used to love going to Whistler. I have several friends that moved there and you couldln't get them to leave if you wanted to.

JV, ah the lake house projects, they are a "labour of love" aren't they? I will be home for 4 days this weekend, and I will spend every one of them working at the lake house.