Default Hey why can't I find the sweet spot CWB ride

Hey all,

I know there have been posts in the past about this but I can't recall if this was brought up.

I have a 2008 Mobius LSV and a CWB Ride board and I am wondering why no one including actual surfers can not find my sweet spot. Been wondering if the board is too long. Anyone have the basic beginner boards that are at minimum 5 feet that can find the sweet spot. I can ride well but not without the rope. The videos online make it look so easy I have overloaded the sides with weight drove in circles and straight lines.

I guess I am just wondering if a smaller board more advanced in nature will help or just keep practicing?

Also anyone seen Detention by Shaun Murray we are having issues with pop does this video cover it well have "Waketricks" and we don't get a lot out of it.

Thanks
    Mark

Not sure what you are doing wrong? We have the Liquid Force Venture at 5'6" long and everyone from my 70lb son, my wife (145lbs) and I (190lbs) can surf behind our Standard Mobius LS without any additional weight besides the factory ballast tank. And you know the DD's (according to some) are not suppose to be a surfing boat. I would suggest you keep practicing or find another surfer to try it.

Wait.......Ok the best surfer here, the wife said you have to play with your rope length, she grabs it and pulls it shorter or lets it out until she finds out where the sweet spot is, once she is going it is tossed into the boat. If she starts to lose it then my son will toss the rope back out to her. They have been able to surf for miles in this manner on this Long Board.
    Last edited by zegm; 01-27-2009 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    We have the Liquid Force Venture at 5'6" long and everyone from my 70lb son, my wife (145lbs) and I (190lbs) can surf behind our Standard Mobius LS without any additional weight besides the factory ballast tank. And you know the DD's (according to some) are not suppose to be a surfing boat. I
    Hey Z
    Glad to hear this about LFV board and the LS/factory ballast. I just got the same board in today and now can't wait till warmer weater to give it a shot.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

Well MrsZ and my son (who is actually the Z here) were mad at me for ordering it but for the price and the customer service we have gotten from LF I thought I would give it a try. Well they both haven't complained or asked for another board yet! And they honestly go until we run out of lake.

MAPWPD,
    I have 06 LSV. here is what has worked well for me..
    750 in rear, front full, 3-4 people on surf side speed from 9.8-10.5
    I have played with the wakeplate from all the way down to all the way up.
    All the way down, I have a longer pocket but not quite as big a wave... All the way up, bigg wave, but too close to the boat..

I was riding a LF Venture 5' and it took some getting used to to get in the pocket.. I now have a Inland Blue Lake.. it is easier.

Experiement with speed...anywhere from 9.8-11...Load it like you are gonna ride and play with it.. move people.. adjust the wakeplate..
    My best wave came with 750 in left rear, about 400 on seat, 2 ladies up front, and a 250ish guy sitting on the left rail...

Your boat is very capable... just spend a little time experimenting and you'll find it quick!

I have the new detention 2012.. I really like it. It is fun and his teaching style works..

this was my first real free ride..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGLfHUpcqHU
    Last edited by 04OUTBACK; 01-28-2009 at 12:02 AM.
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Mark, i also have a 08 lsv and ride the cwb ride. Like Brad said 750lb in the rear , fill the front balast bag full, wake plate usually 3/4 up-meaning the gauge shows the bow up, and right around 9-10mph. The T-handle surf rope from the tower actually puts me in the sweet spot. Depth of water makes a difference also.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Sled491 Guest

Actaully I think Daze has hit the nail on the head. You won't get a good wave in shallow water no matter what you do. LAst summer at the Chicago Jamboree I was with fellow Moomba board members Chad and Deerfield behind a friends Supra 22SSV. If the water went 6 ft the wave washed out and down you went. The center of the bay went 16 ft and the wave was good.

Do you feel the board is giving you problems or is it actually a poor quality wave. Might be someting to consider next time out.