Default Fresh Air Exhaust

Does anybody have any experience with a Fresh Air Exhaust system? Are you happy with the results and have you had any problems with it? Was it worth the time and effort?

Yes, I have a FAE. Install was pretty basic.
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....hlight=install
    This is my thread on that.
    I have had no problems with it during the rest of the season. I just checked on it last week to see if brackish water had any effect on it. No signs of corrosion.

Was it worth it will depend on what you are looking for. If you surf, you really will like it. If you want lower noise from the exhaust, you will like it. There may be other reasons for it, but I can seem to think that they would outway the cost.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Sled491 Guest

Hey Nibots, you a surfer? If so make sure you jump in on our Surfer board!

I was intrigued with this accessory, but figure since I have the 340 cat motor, exhaust emissions are not an issue. anyone else feel the same?
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I was intrigued with this accessory, but figure since I have the 340 cat motor, exhaust emissions are not an issue. anyone else feel the same?
    If your surfing, and your not smelling or feeling the effects of the exhaust then why would ya. Unless you want it a little quieter?

Search FAE and SD2, or posts by me. I love it, low noise and no "sun" headaches.
    You will need to drive a screw through the rubber part of the FAE, into the plastic exhaust port and hold it in with a hose clamp. It has not come off in at least two years.

Friction grip with powerturns did not work for me. If you do not know what a powerturn is, you will be fine

Out of here

SD2

Put mine on my 07 LS last spring. Completely changed things for our family. We run about 75% surf and 25% ski on our boat. Didn't notice any change in ski performance and really noticed the benefits for surfing. No more smell, no more headaches, and big reduction in noise. CO is dangerous and we had a few scares prior to the FAE. Best upgrade we've done by far. I've had no issue with the installation either. I've since installed one on a neighbours 06 LS too!

To answer your question: Yes, well worth the money, time and effort if you are a surfer(IMO).

Larry at FAE is a champion and will answer any questions you have.