Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Outback DD or Mobius LS next?

Supra no longer has a DD boat anymore. MC, Mal., and CC are all racing against each other to provide a V-drive that is ASWA certified (I believe the CC 211 crossover already is). Malibu's Sunscape 20 is on the Diamond Cut Hull and they claim unbelievable wakes at 34 mph plus. the CC 216 crossover is getting a new facelift that they claim will be the best crossover ever. MC is looking at a modified V-drive.

With the new design of the OBV going towards wakeboarding/surfing, will the outback be phased out? How about the Mobius LS? Will all the DD's be phased out by SC?

I hate to sound like the "sky is falling", but I am curious as to what direction SC is planning to go with their boats.

MC, Mal, and CC will always have a DD but it seems these leading manufacturers are racing pretty hard in the cross-over category. Will SC focus on the wake-side of things in the future and will DD's become obsolete from SC's list?

Thoughts? Suggestions? Ideas?

I can't see the logic cutting the DD Outback. It's at a different price point and does too many things well. But, because it's the only model using that hull, I could see them keeping the LS available as a DD and maybe dropping the Outback DD. Either way there is always going to be a DD available.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I have spoken and written hundreds of word several times why we love our Direct Drive LS. So this is my last salvo in an attempt to save the DDs!

If they eliminate the centrally located engine where in the world are we going to prerpare and serve our cheese and crackers while we sit sipping wine on a warm summer night spot lighting the alligators!!!???!!!!

We will not eat off the floor in a boat!!!!

Last edited by zegm; 10-20-2008 at 09:30 PM.

The direct drive is best for Skiing Slalom bar none I dont think it will be gone because there are still so many people still skiing. Just like all the ski hills still exist They did not turn them all into boarding parks even though there are so many boarders.

My 2C
    Ski when the ice is gone stop when it returns.

Cool

After recently talking with someone at our local dealer on this subject he mentioned there is a possibility of Supra coming up with a completely Hardcore skiboat to go up against MC CC and Malibu and possibly eliminating Outback.

Sled491 Guest

I could be wrong also, but I believe next to the top selling LSV, the Outback is the backbone of SC. Were it not for the ultra affordable Outback DD, thousands of people would never be introduced to the world of Tournament Boats. If they never get a taste of Tournament boats they'll never buy there second or third upgrade after there Outback.

Long live the Outback, Long live the Roo!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post

here's what a 2009 Outback now looks like (notice the lack of any type of logo):

http://www.orlandoboats.com/boatdisp.php?id=263
    My 08 look just like that, besides the color and I have the 325hp engine instead.
    sushi sushi!

Sled491 Guest

Never surrender! Freeeeedom!

Ed stay tuned, I will unvail the Roo that lives and breathes, even if only through my intentions.

We asked for Roo decals and they never came! I bet they killed that sucker off months ago!!!

Default Outback forever

No longer with the company, but I would be shocked if the Outback were ever to be discontinued. Updated. Absolutely. But not discontinued. Same with the LS.

As for a true Supra Comp TS6M ... I would venture to guess that market conditions will determine its fate.