Thread: prop info

Default prop info

Any ideas on where to buy a new prop, boat is 08 lsv. i have the wakeboard prop and would like to get the standard one so that next summer when visiting some big lakes i can cover more lake at the same rpms that i turn now.

thanks
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Stacy,

Try calling or email Jody at www.floridainboards.com.

He had several props hanging on his wall and would know what to help you pick for what you want.

M of Z

Stacy,
    Call Acme and OJ first. talk to them about your boat and tell them what you are looking for...
    I hear both are very helpful on the phone..
    Then look for that prop on internet of check with the buy Zegm mentions above..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Best time to buy is in the wintertime.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Daze,

Look at skiertoskier.com . I'm going to buy one there this winter.

Monty
    2001 Outback LS

" Son, I'm Captain Jack Sparrow "

moombadaze, Get on the phone with Oj and Acme, I have had 4 different props now (trying to get the best one for my applications) I am running two different acme props one for play and one for cruising the lake. Both are the acme props! I couldn't get any where with information from OJ.... They told me that 3 different pitch,size and cup props were all the same?????

Bill at Acme was right on the money with both props he recommended. They do cost a little more $. Acme has a form to fill out wanting weight speed rpm and application your using it with. Them give him a ring and talk temperature and altitude. He can send them direct but I would look for one off the net a little cheaper, Just figure out which one you want.

aintskeered, your "cruising the lake" prop is what im looking for. What kind of difference do you see in rpm vs speed between the 2 props.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

now your going to make me think..... I honestly didnt get but 4 mph top end more out of it, I was still WOT at 4800 rpm but down in the mid range the rpms were alot better. I honestly dont rember what I was at... seems like 30 mph at 3,000 rpm I got it for a trip to powell and the wind blew and droped 20 on the temp while we were there, so with the rough water and cooler temps I didn get to run it much. I had the Oj 13" last year but it wouldnt pull it at powell,

I have the acme 1273(14.5x14.25x.150cup) as a play prop.

And a Acme 1161 (13.5x16x.135cup)for crusing.

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    aintskeered, your "cruising the lake" prop is what im looking for. What kind of difference do you see in rpm vs speed between the 2 props.
    one important thing to remember is that aintskeered is normally running at 5600' around "home" and 3600' at "powell" moombadaze, you are at 30'? the elevation makes a huge difference.

i have the OJ wakeboard prop that came with the boat. when i bought a second prop, i wanted to get more speed at a lower RPM (for cruising lake powell) our local prop guy called OJ and we talked for a bit, OJ did not have much else to recommend, so i bought a 2nd of the same. i would gladly look into another.

btw last weekend we put more than 120 miles one day (bullfrog to rainbow + play) i used about 55 gal of fuel, my dad's boat used 40-45 gal (he has an IO)

i would be at 4200 rpm if he was at 3000, speed was about 30mph. i would love to have a prop that i could lower RPM for the long cruise, it would make carrying fuel easier.