Default Value of 2000 Outback LS

So I'm thinking of selling my 2000 OB LS for a couple of reasons. The first is that we are in the process of building a new garage and the boat might not quite fit (long story). The other is I could use the cash to fund a microhydro renewable energy project. I've looked around at the KBB and I don't really see categories that the boat fits into. There doesn't seem to be check box for the MPI motor which I think was a nearly $2k upgrade. The boat is in overall good condition for a 2000. It has 200 +/- hours, the MPI 325 motor, a Monster Tower with a WB rack. The interior is in pretty good shape with some seam cracking just starting on the rear bench seat. The hull is in good shape except for some gelcoat chalkiness starting to form at rear sides. I assume that some elbow grease and a few hours can clean that up. It has a the factory radio/CD but the CD unit quit working and we couldn't get any radio at our lake so I just pulled the plug on it. The swim platform cover has been redone with gator grip. The trailer is in excellent shape since we only use it twice a year to bring it to the cottage. I bought it in 2002 from the Moomba dealer on lake Norman with 36 hours on it and really have not had any major problems. I only paid 17,900 for it so it seems to have held its value pretty well by the kbb. It is purple and white. There is a picture on the monstertower web site. Maybe I can get a consensus of what it is worth?

I also have a Red Tide wakesurf board that I bought from Ed G and have only used twice and a XL drysuit from Barts that was only used once if anyone is interested.

Andy

I just sold my 2000 OB LS (finally!) for $10k. It was in great mechanical shape, but cosmetically, it was probably a 6 or 7. It was fading, and it definitely showed its age. It also had almost 500 hrs, and it was the carb motor. Based on that, I would think your's is worth at least $13k, but it's a tough time of year to sell a boat, especially up north.

Good luck.

Default sold

I just sold my 1998 outback with a monster tower and some extra stuff for 12,000.00. It had around 700hrs on it and the trailer needed some work. I listed it on craigslist in jacksonville on tuesday night and sold on it wednesday night. I guess i am lucky.

pm sent, then extra words to meet the minimum post length

Sled491 Guest

Hey Ed's right I'm interested in your board. If you still have it send me a PM, but I have a feeling Yearround beat me to it!

sorry sled, i want the dry suit, you can get the surf.

Sled491 Guest

Works for me, let me know what you want for the board then.

NH, are you here? looks like we can get rid of the board and suit, not the boat yet, we will keep trying.

Default 2000 OB value

Thanks for the pricing help guys. I know it is going to be tough to sell a boat this time of year and I'm not yet sure I need to. 13K would be great resale. Either I got a really sweet deal or the boat has held value pretty well.

Andy