Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Winterization procedure

I do have the Indmar manual but I find it hard to understand perfectly.

How do you guys winterize your boats? I don't trust my local dealer (non moomba) so i will be doing it myself tomorrow. I will be paying to have the boat wrapped though.

Thanks!!
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Deaf- Do a search for "winterization". You'll find all kinds of methods and suggestions. How you winterize is sort of dependent on where you live. Bottom line, you'll want to make sure you get as much water out of the boat/motor/heater core/Vdrive as possible. Hope this helps.
    07 LSV
    If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

Somebody not too long ago put up a huge 50 point or so checklist of everything you could ever dream of for winterization. Run the search recommended above and you should find it.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

The post you are talking about was done by Cab in https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=6534
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Default winterization

I am looking at the current thread and have viewed the great information by Cab. I have a 2001 Outback LS that I will be winterizing this weekend(at least planning it). I know my engine sits differently, but is everything else fairly the same? Also I have a question about antifreeze. Do any of you use for a just in case and if so where do you add?

Thanks

Smile

I add some at the intake hose which i disconnect at the bottom behind the motor. Fill untill running through motor,then open up and drain out. this way hopefully the little bit still in motor etc is antifreeze not water.

I have an 02 outback, and have always added where the the thermostat sits, pull the thermostat up and add, and never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I add some at the intake hose which i disconnect at the bottom behind the motor. Fill untill running through motor,then open up and drain out. this way hopefully the little bit still in motor etc is antifreeze not water.
    Mikey,

I think it's okay if there is a little water left. As long as it has room to expand when it freezes it should not cause any damage.

Someone correct me if that's not right.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    I am looking at the current thread and have viewed the great information by Cab. I have a 2001 Outback LS that I will be winterizing this weekend(at least planning it). I know my engine sits differently, but is everything else fairly the same? Also I have a question about antifreeze. Do any of you use for a just in case and if so where do you add?

Thanks
    James,

Glad my write up helps. Don't know if all of it is applicable to your boat but I would guess most would be.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Smile

I agree a little water is probably fine. Unfortunately my boat is stored outside in my backyard,tarped etc. Our winters can vary in temps from -35 celsious to +20 and you can add wind factors to both of those temps so i just like to play it safe and get all or almost all water out and just have antifreeze in there.