Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Addiction...

Default Addiction...

So, it was 34 degrees when I woke up this morning. Its about 45 degrees right now.

I'm leaving my office and heading to the water. I'm hoping to find some people on the water that want to team up and ride, but I'm not very confident, it will probably be me and some fisherman.

I'm definately planning on riding tomorrow evening when I've got a 2nd and 3rd person.

I hate having fall/winter

ian, i will have to say your pretty hard core to ski in those temps. for us this is the best time of the year-water still warm, air temp good and hardley anybody else on the water. I love it when school starts-lakes are empty and water is flat.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I have to agree that this is the best time of year to be out. Too bad people dont like going on the water when the air temp is below high 70's. My friends called me crazy this year when i wanted to go out when it was rainning. Not like your not going to get wet when you get in the water anyways.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

We need to get some guys from michigan together to ride in the fall... None of my friends want to come out now either.

D
    2008 LSV

Fair weather friends.. ha

I am aiming to go out every month this year.. I started in Feb this year..
    Gonna order a drysuit this weekend!

Ian, I would call you committed for sure.. addiction would come into the picture too.

Extending the summer much longer helps feelings when making that payment all winter..

I would hate to only get out June-august..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

You have to love the Fair weather friends. I also want to go out everymonth but i dont have a heated place for my boat to be in the winter. It is covered but not heated so i have to get it winterized. But if anyone in Oregon needs a third i am more then happy to go out even if it is snowing out.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Last week had unusually warm weather, including one record high day. Skied four times afternoon of Oct. 1. Air hit 80F, water hit 70F. Incredible numbers for October in Alberta. Lake was a mirror at 2 PM. What a way to end the season. Plus, first October ski ever.

Parked the boat today. Now have to set all interests aside for 6 months and dedicate life to that great Canadian passtime (obsession?) called hockey. (Well, some snowmobiling too).

Merry Christmas everyone!
    '07 Outback V
    Ski|Board|Surf|Skate

Moombabound, what lake in Alberta were you on Wednesday where the water temps were 70? I posted some pics from Thursday on Sylvan, it was an epic day to be on the water.

Jackfish. 60km west of Edmonton. Here is a pic of what beheld the eye at 2 PM. If you detect any ripple at all, those were from us launching the boat. Mirror prior to that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '07 Outback V
    Ski|Board|Surf|Skate

Good neighbors to the north,

We as well had nice weather the first few days of October. The last ski was Thursday night. 7:15pm Air 58 F, water 53 F, no wet suit. It was great!!! The boat is now at the dealer for winterization.

Season here starts early May (ice came off second weekend this year). Boat has to be in heated garage until mid to late June just to be on the safe side. I'm sure you guys are even a couple weeks later?
    2008 LS